Retiring a Stake Pool out of eMax

U can retire it whenever u will want, forget about 267… now we are in epoch 268

I know we are on 268 but please look this. What does the latest epoch for retirement mean?

Ok, maybe I didn’t explained well:

so, for example u want to retire the pool let’s say in epoch 300 right?

Now u can’t because we are in epoch 268 and the maximum epoch for retirement is 286 )

U need to understand that if u decided to retire the pool today (epoch 268) inside deregistration certificate u can use only epoch 269-286

1 Like

Ahh OKAY, thank you very much to explain it me. I was really blind and Im pretty new. I thought that was a static maximum epoch since the first epoch of the pool. Really thanks to help me I appreciate it

1 Like

Nope the min and max epoch for retiring the pool change every epoch, that’s why I told u that u can retire it anytime

Thank you @Alexd1985. Do you know how is the better guide to unregistre the stake address? Because I have payment.addr, stake.addr and paymentstake.addr. All my founds are in paymentstake.addrs. So which would be the best way to move that founds to daedalus wallet?
paymentstake to daedalusaddres or paymentstake to payment (getting the 2A deposit) and then to daedalusaddres

After u will retire the pool u will receive the registration cost back as a reward, so better to not deregister the stake address now

Wait to receive the funds back, then withdraw the rewards and after u can send the funds to daedalus address

U can find the steps for how to withdraw and how to send transactions in the guide provided above

Ok, thank you for your indications. I have 1 more final question. About deregistration stake certificate, the 2A deposit will automatically send to my payment address or I must to do some special here. I donf find documentation about this step. I suppose that is with cardano-cli stake-address deregistration-certificate but nothing about how I will get the deposit of that certificate.

Hi!

When you creating the transaction you need to add the 2 ADA to txout manually. But @Alexd1985 will confirm it.

when u will deregister the stake address, 2 ADA will be automated added to your payment.addr

related post about 2 ADA:

ahh, but just forget that this maybe automatically done by cntools…

@laplasz he doesn’t use cntools

ok - so lets see the result of the de-register transaction…
@allfs true, that it is not so much documented step…

Hi, I think I did something wrong, when I made the transaction with the de-registration cert I didn’t add the 500 of deposit in that transaction. I thought this would be automatically; the same about 2ADA of deregister of stake address. I was just waiting for the next epoch for pool retirement and I was waiting for the the deposit but I dont recibe it. So my question is: Can I bring back the deposit with repeting the transaction with the de-registration cert and adding the deposit founds?

Yes, it should work but first provide the ticker please

Are u sure that the 2 ADA will be automated added? For me It doesnt make sense. For the deposit you must to specify in the transaction and for the 2ADA it is automated

It’s not very clear for me what u want to do but if u want to retire the pool then:

• send the de-registration certificate and wait for the next epoch to receive the 500 ADA back as a reward
  • withdraw the rewards to payment.addr (u can find how to on councashew guide - section withdraw the rewards - CHAPTER 18.x)
  • deregister the stake address to receive back the 2ADA paid for stake registration

!!! DO NOT de-register the stake address untill u will not receive/withdraw the 500 ADA

cardano-cli stake-address deregistration-certificate \
    --stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
    --out-file stake.cert

And then build a transaction with this certificate. Specifically you need to increase the change amount by 2 ADA and minus the transaction.

txOut=$((${total_balance}+${keyDeposit}-${fee}))
cardano-cli transaction build-raw \
    ${tx_in} \
    --tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+${txOut} \
    --invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000)) \
    --fee ${fee} \
    --certificate-file stake.cert \
    --mainnet \
    --out-file tx.raw

Submit the transaction

• send the funds from payment.addr to another wallet (u can find the steps on coincashew guide - send a simple transaction - CHAPTER 18.x)

Cheers,

Thank your for providing the ticker… u can skip the step 1 the pool is already deregistered and u received the 500 ADA as a reward

Now u must to withdraw the reward then deregister the stake address then move the funds

Ahh okay. I didn’t know that the deposit is refund as a reward…

About the order that you specify, It would be:

1. Withdraw the rewards to my payment.addr
  2. Move the funds of the paymentstake.addr to payment.addr
  3. Deregister paymentstake.addr specifying the 2ADA (keyDeposit) on that transaction

thank u

• withdraw the rewards (at this step the rewards will be moved from stake.addr to payment.addr - can be spend)
  • deregister the stake address to receive back the 2ADA but first be sure that u succesfully withdrew the rewards(500ADA) - u can check on cardanoscan.io also … u should see rewards withdrawn
  • if it’s the case move the funds to another wallet (for example if this is a cli wallet (not imported) and u will want to send the ADA to a daedalus/yoroi wallet

Always test with 10 ADA for first time!thank you,