Retiring My Stake Pool

Well, I’ve learned a lot and spent a great deal of time on my pool, but I’ve decided it’s just not worth the time, effort, and cost to operate and maintain a Cardano pool.

My first question is: Should I retire the pool first and then transfer all ADA to a wallet?

Can someone point me to step-by-step instructions on how to retire the pool?

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this journey, especially Alexd1985!

Still a big believer in Charles and Cardano, but I’ll be taking more of a passive participant approach from now on. :slight_smile:

Regards,
StuGazzO

1 Like

Hi,

Cntools or coincashew?
Anyway, you can send the funds to another wallet before to retire (keep 1 ADA for withdrawing the 500 ADA which u will receive after u will retire the pool) BUT do not de-register the wallet otherwise u will lose 500 ADA paid.

1. Send funds to another wallet (keep 1 ADA) - optional
  2. Retire the pool
  3. Withdraw the 500 ADA
  4. De-register the wallet to receive back 2 ADA
  5. Send all funds to another wallet

Cheers,

Yes, I used coincashew. As always, thanks Alex!

2 Likes

Here is the coincashew link with the instructions: https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/part-iv-administration/retiring-your-stake-pool

Yeah alex the bomb. He selflessly helps always. Anyway i feel ur pain. Been 10 epochs without a block. Have 300k plus delegated but no blocks for a long time and we bound to loose delegators. Anyways Anyways please consider staking at plebpool.com [PLBPL] a staking pool for us plebians. Helping feed the homeless in south africa;)

1 Like

Thanks Markus!

1 Like

Thanks nanap!