Retiring My Stake Pool

Well, I’ve learned a lot and spent a great deal of time on my pool, but I’ve decided it’s just not worth the time, effort, and cost to operate and maintain a Cardano pool.

My first question is: Should I retire the pool first and then transfer all ADA to a wallet?

Can someone point me to step-by-step instructions on how to retire the pool?

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this journey, especially Alexd1985!

Still a big believer in Charles and Cardano, but I’ll be taking more of a passive participant approach from now on. :slight_smile:

Regards,
StuGazzO

1 Like

Hi,

Cntools or coincashew?
Anyway, you can send the funds to another wallet before to retire (keep 1 ADA for withdrawing the 500 ADA which u will receive after u will retire the pool) BUT do not de-register the wallet otherwise u will lose 500 ADA paid.

1. Send funds to another wallet (keep 1 ADA) - optional
  2. Retire the pool
  3. Withdraw the 500 ADA
  4. De-register the wallet to receive back 2 ADA
  5. Send all funds to another wallet

Cheers,

Yes, I used coincashew. As always, thanks Alex!

2 Likes

Here is the coincashew link with the instructions: https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/part-iv-administration/retiring-your-stake-pool

Yeah alex the bomb. He selflessly helps always. Anyway i feel ur pain. Been 10 epochs without a block. Have 300k plus delegated but no blocks for a long time and we bound to loose delegators. Anyways Anyways please consider staking at plebpool.com [PLBPL] a staking pool for us plebians. Helping feed the homeless in south africa;)

1 Like

Thanks Markus!

1 Like

Thanks nanap!

Hi Alex, life got in the way and I am just getting back to doing this. :frowning:

Anyway, what are the exact coincashew instructions to sending the funds to my daedulus wallet? Ever since CoinCashew removed section numbers it’s not as easy to find information, IMO.

Thanks!

Hi,

Cheers,

Hi Alex, I have sent all ADA to my Daedalus wallet and I left 895 ADA in my pool.

I am following the CoinCashew guide “Retiring Your Stake Pool” and am at Step 2 “Calculate the current epoch”.

When I enter

startTimeGenesis=$(cat $NODE_HOME/shelley-genesis.json | jq -r .systemStart)

I get

cat: /home/cardano/cardano-my-node/shelley-genesis.json: No such file or directory

Sure enough, I do not see a shelley.genesis.json file in my cardano home directory. These are all the .json files I have in my directory:

ledger-state.json
mainnet-alonzo-genesis.json
mainnet-byron-genesis.json
mainnet-config.json
mainnet-shelley-genesis.json
mainnet-topology.json
params.json
poolMetaData.json

I’m not sure why I’m not showing shelley-genesis-.json file? Should I use the mainnet-shelley-genesis.json file instead?

Regards,
StuGazzO

Sorry…typo…I meant to say I do not see a shelley-genesis.json file

This one should be

That worked. Thanks Alex!

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to retire my pool, using cntools and I’m getting this error.

Select wallet address to use

Selected value: [b] Base (default)

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraBabbage (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (AlonzoInBabbageUtxowPredFailure (ShelleyInAlonzoUtxowPredFailure (MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW (fromList [KeyHash “02b9c1c1716de8bd6eeef1e66b3297950229b3b79a8b7014087ffeae”]))))])

the pools is fully sync.
any help it will appreciated.
thanks.

Hi,

Use the right wallet files

Cheers,

Thanks Alex for the response, I think the keys are OK, because I rotated the KES many times with no issues.
unless there is some file what I migrated to CNTools where I put the wrong name, ny recommendation how can I check if the content of each file is the valid?

Its about the wallet files… which are not needed when u rotate the KES

Check if u didn’t use orher files by mistake

U can try a small transaction for test in CNtools

Cheers,