rewardAccountBalance: 0

Hello, new to staking, been running my node for a few epochs now. When I run:

cardano-cli query stake-address-info --address $(cat stake.addr) --mainnet

I see rewardAccountBalance: 0.

Is there a way to see how many random chances I was given and just the dice didn’t roll in my favor?

Maybe I don’t have enough staked to have a good shot at rewards?

Thanks!

Hi!

If you have the pool_id, or TICKER - then search your pool on pooltool.io
You will see all the infos about your pool - like the rewards and fees…

Maybe I need to wait until this NEXT epoch, it’s all still blank Cardano PoolTool - The most comprehensive staking statistics for Cardano on the web.

1 other question: can I increase the amount staked by just sending more ADA to same payment address I sent the first?

So the node should produce a block first, to get reward for the achievement.
https://docs.cardano.org/en/latest/explore-cardano/understanding-pledging-and-rewards.html#distributing-rewards

Yes, by sending more ADA to the address it will automatically increase the stake.

So starting with step 11 from the coincashew doc:

1. Register your stake address

transaction build-raw ${tx_in} --tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+${txOut} --fee ${fee}

My tx_in was the 2000 ADA I sent to my payment.addr.

I signed and submited this tx, it was accepted.

1. Register your stake pool

stake-pool registration-certificate --pool-pledge 100000000 --pool-cost 340000000

I only pledge 100 ADA. (again I signed and submited this tx, it was accepted.)

Is the 1900 ADA not pledged just sitting there not helping me earn rewards?

I actually ran through the coincashew doc 3 times and made 3 different nodes:

C0B5 7C9E WOLF

each with different amounts, but I think I kept the default pledge amount either 100 or 200 but never the full amount. Is there a command to change my pledge amount retroactively? Or do I just re-do step 12’s tx with a new --pool-pledge?

BTW I’m not trying to get people to use my pools (yet!) I’m only trying to get my ADA out of coinbase and into nodes I run myself to maximize the yield on the ADA I already own. But before I move over 100% of my coinbase ADA I wanted to practice with small amounts.