Running Leaderlog

Hey Alex or anyone here,
Could someone share the steps on how to run the Learderlog process in order to check if I have any block on the way to my Block Producer node.
Thanks
I’m using CNtools

First, u will need to install cncli

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh -c
. "${HOME}/.bashrc"

then run from scripts folder

./cncli.sh sync
wait till u will see 100% synced, the stop Ctrl+c and run:
./cncli.sh leaderlog

Error message: Sigma API Error: No active stake found for pool!

Got this message after running leaderlog for my pool. Not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that pool was just created in last Epoch?

u don’t have active stake… wait till next epoch

So we have to run this once every Epoch?
Thanks Alex

Yes, u can run with 1,5 days before epoch start

Should we run it on running BP?

If u are using cntools yes, run in on BP to install the cncli

ERROR: failed to locate cncli executable, please install with ‘prereqs.sh’

Hey Alex how have you been? Plz I have a direct question for you.
Already started a pool but I have a niece that was adopted from an orphanage in Nigeria and would like to register my pool as charity now to support this orphanage center. It will really go a long way in helping them out.
Plz how do I go about this process?
Thank you.

What you will want to change? The ticker and the description of the pool?

So I change ticker and name to Reflect the word “Charity” or to reflect the name of the organization that i’m supporting?
And how many ADA is required to delegate to a charity pool to get a chance for Block production?
Also do I need any paperwork from the orphanage organization to register the pool? How do I get the ADA to them every Epoch?
Sorry for all the questions and appreciate your time Alex

So I change ticker and name to Reflect the word “Charity” or to reflect the name of the organization that i’m supporting?

If u want yes, u can change the ticker, the name and also the description, if not just promote your cause/project

And how many ADA is required to delegate to a charity pool to get a chance for Block production?

same amount like any other normal pools; big amount staked=more chances to create blocks

Also do I need any paperwork from the orphanage organization to register the pool? How do I get the ADA to them every Epoch?

you don’t need papers, maybe an agreement with them that you will donate from time to time (when you will have blocks) ; in my case for example United Way are sending contracts for each donation to avoid the taxes

Sorry for all the questions and appreciate your time Alex

You are welcome

Hey Alex,
Just concluded we can’t get enough ADA 250k to receive any block production in our pool.
Please, do you know the steps in shutting down our pool and recovering the Pledged ADA etc deposited during the creation of the pool?
Thanks

Yeah, should be easy; you are running cntools or coincashew guide?

Running Cntools yes

Great- now u must retire the pool in order to receive 500 ADA back

go to cntools -pool - deregister
choose epoch 288 and sign the transaction

Now u should see the retire message on adapools.org

wait for the epoch to start (u will receive 500 ada as a reward) then
Cntools - funds - withdraw - to withdraw the rewards
then cntools - funds - send - to move the funds to another wallet

PS: if the wallet was imported in cntools via mnemonic words then the wallet can be restore on daedalus/yoroi