Sent my ADA to the ADA contract address. Help please

I accidentally sent my ADA to the ADA contract address. Hard-earned money that I wish to recover.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you!

What do you mean with a contract address?

Hi sir. I accidentally sent my ADA to Cardano’s Smart Contract address 0x3ee2200efb3400fabb9aacf31297cbdd1d435d47

If i understand it correctly you sent ADA via the Cardano blockchain on a address on BSC (Contract Address 0x3ee2200efb3400fabb9aacf31297cbdd1d435d47 | BscScan) and that wont work.

Imo theres no way to get your funds back as you would need to use a bridge if you wanna transfer a token from the Cardano network to a address on a BSC network.

I added ADA as a token in Metamask so I can transfer my ADA to my Binance wallet address.

I used the Cardano Smart Contract address 0x3ee2200efb3400fabb9aacf31297cbdd1d435d47 to be able to add the ADA token in Metamask

That is the same wallet address I have pasted when I was supposed to send my ADA to my Binance wallet address and so my ADA is now held in the 0x3ee2200efb3400fabb9aacf31297cbdd1d435d47

Metamask doesnt support ADA as a native token. Those are only pegged tokens on ETH network.

So if you wanna transfer ADA from Binance to your Metamask wallet, you would have to use the ethereum network.

It’s the other way around sir. I transferred from Metamask to Binance.

The first instance, I have transferred my ADA to the Cardano BEP-20 Smart contract address and that’s the fund that I wish to recover

Who owns the Cardano BEP-20 Smart contract wallet address sir?

Hello @Erwyn_Galvez

BEP-20 is a BSC (Binance Smart Chain) token. It has noting to do with Cardano network.

Binance makes wrapped ADA which has value pegged to real ADA, however it is not real ADA. Real ADA exist only on Cardano network.

Cardano network is separate from Binance Smart Chain and is not supported in Metamask.

Also, any address that starts with 0x… is not a Cardano address.

Any questions about any Cardano BEP-20 contracts need to get directed at Binance, since they are the ones who made this contract. You can read more about BEP-20 here:

Hopefully Binance can resolve this issue for you.
Good luck. :v:

Thank you to both of you who replied on my query. Very helpful.

I will give Binance a try.

Have a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like