SPO Lost Rewards

Hey Guys,

I operate a stakepool…I had 450k pledged with a few delegates that were friends (530k total staked to pool) and after multiple weeks of having optimal pool performance with zero minted blocks, I did the following:

• I removed 95% of Ada from my pool wallet and converted into stablecoin due to 1) missed Africa news 2) wasting money on servers with no immediate ‘k’ increase and 3) fear of current market conditions…Bottom Line: After seeing 1100% increase, I needed to take a break and will jump back in soon.

• I contacted my few delegates to move to a newly suggested pool.

In doing the above, I knew I was going to incur a possible penalty but since no blocks have been minted in 20 days, it should be minimal…then today, I modified pool pledge to the remaining ADA that I kept in my wallet.

Now, It’s been difficult trying to withdraw rewards…did I lose all my rewards as a penalty of removing ada from pool wallet before modifying pledge?

Note:

1. I don’t have ‘withdraw’ option in cntools
  2. my pool wallet in yoroi says I have zero rewards
  3. My pool wallet in Daedalous says I have rewards but how do I withdraw rewards in daedalous?!? it’s totally unclear!
  4. My pool wallet in Cardanoscan says that the rewards have been withdrawn but that isn’t true

Any help is appreciated.

1. I don’t have ‘withdraw’ option in cntools
    Cntools- funds- withdraw

2. my pool wallet in yoroi says I have zero rewards
    If ur pools has rewards u can check in cntools-wallet-show

3. My pool wallet in Daedalous says I have rewards but how do I withdraw rewards in daedalous?!? it’s totally unclear!
    Cntools-funds-withdraw rewards

4. My pool wallet in Cardanoscan says that the rewards have been withdrawn but that isn’t true
    Check in cntools if ur wallet received rewards; also u can check in adapools.org

PS: when u lowered the pledge u will need to wait to epochs in order to withdraw the ADA, otherwise the pool will not receive rewards

Thanks Alex…

When I moved Ada into stablecoin, I used daedalus to send ada (not cntools). Once I did this, my wallet & rewards in cntools showed ‘0’ ada even though I have the remaining 5%

Today, I used daedalous to send remaining ada from pool wallet to an external wallet and then moved it back into pool wallet therefore my wallet in cntools now shows the remaining ada. However, my rewards are still blank

If u imported a daedalus wallet in cntools, then all transactions should be made from cntools not from daedalus… otherwise the balance will not match and u will see 0 in cntools

Yea. I knew that I should have sent it via cntools but I was having issues with my airgapped computer and frankly, I was frustrated about the k parameter and the risk I was taking by keeping ada in my pool (after 1100% increase) with no clear news about ‘k’ (or Africa news to keep ada value up)…bottom line: I panicked and sent ada via daedalous.

I’m not too worried if I ‘lost’ my rewards since it wasn’t too much but it definitely seems like an issue.

The example images you provided isn’t my pool. I can DM you my address wallet if it helps.

Ooo ok, can u tell me the ticker?

I told u… your pledge didn’t met and probably that’s way u lost the rewards

I just DM’ed you.

I thought my rewards from last month were safe and I would lose recent rewards…does the system literally delete ALL rewards from 2 months ago just because I didn’t withdraw prior to exchanging ada for stablecoin?

Nope… for pool … u have only one imported wallet right? U can go in adapools.org login in and go to dashboard - manage and rewards
U should see all rewards history there

1. My pool wallet in Daedalous says I have rewards but how do I withdraw rewards in daedalous?!? it’s totally unclear!
    I think there was a bug and it was fixed for daedalus flight

Once daedalus for mainet will be release u will be able to withdraw the rewards!

@nikolaglumac nikolaglumac commented 9 days ago

The fix for this issue is now available in Daedalus Flight 4.0.0-FC1: Daedalus Flight - The pre-release version cryptocurrency wallet
We will be releasing it on Daedalus Mainnet next week.
Thank you for the patience!

More info about the bug

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi @Alexd1985 , I’m in “similar” spot and I’m not sure how.

I’m trying to withdraw rewards using CNTools and getting the message that I’m unable to withdraw rewards due to 0 balance.

I transferred some ADA to the address, it’s showing when I query it, but not in CNTools.
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 11.31.38 AM

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Hi,

The node is synced?
Can u paste here the address from cntools?
U can check the balance with cntools → wallet → list/show

Cheers,

Hey,
Thanks for the quick reply!
yes node is synced.
Balance in CNTools is 0

Ok and if u check this address on cardanoscan.io it has funds?
It is an imported wallet or cli?
If it is imported try to send 2 ADA from ur wallet to this address from cntools (intrawallet) and check again… should be fine

Yes, Cardanoscan shows the correct amount.
I did send 9 ADA but from Exodus. I can’t from CNTools cause it’s showing 0.

Would it work from an Eternl wallet that is “Single Address Mode” ?

Yes, should work… so it is an imported wallet?

no, I created the wallet back when I set the pool up using the Pool School tutorial. But I have another wallet on Eternl that I can set as single address mode, and send some ADA from there to the CNTools address that is showing 0

U don’t have to set etrnl to single address mode… just send 1-2 ada to cli wallet address

It worked! Thank you so much!

You rock as usual :slight_smile:

How come it didn’t work when I sent ADA from Exodus, but it did when I sent them from Eternl?

IDK… the ADA from Exodus were actually sent/received? I saw above were sent/received… maybe it needed more time for sync?

I sent ADA yesterday from Exodus. It didn’t work.

It worked almost instantly when I sent it from Eternl !