Staking Pool Registration is Live!

No. It says during q2 and q3 the features of Shelley (such as staking on main net will be release.
It will start with delegation and stake pool testnets - now you get it?

CARDANO STAKE POOL REGISTRATION
Cardano is progressing from the current centralised development phase of Byron to become decentralised as part of the Shelley phase. The development team at IOHK will be preparing the ground for community engagement in staking and delegation, with the associated incentives that come with staking. Starting around Q3 2018, decentralisation features will be tested with community participation through testnets and then released to the mainnet in stages.

This is directly from the road map. The last sentence says testnet still in Q3 and is not clear enough for me to conclude that will be completed by end of Q3. Sorry, but I find what is not stated is as is important as what is.

Maybe that’s just my interpretation

Patience, everyone, patience, I believe it will be worth the wait in the end result.

2 Likes

Sure it will. It’s not impatience, more practical assessment. Just getting a bit frustrated reading the tea leaves…Better to make it clear(er). This forum should give us the opportunity for clarity from official Cardano admins. If not here where? Reddit, Twitter?

Lets night fight over semantics. “Starting around Q3 2018, decentralisation features _will be tested with community participation through testnets and then released to the mainnet in stages.”

Sorry but I don’t think that’s realistic. I’m sure they have reasons not only for what they say, but also for what they don’t say, and for being vague.

I thought so too. It would be nice a have some little wins here and there like paper wallets. Cardano has taken a big hit the last 3 months. The things I was expecting by the end of April are paper wallets and Nano Ledger capability. Not sure if it will happen now but would be nice.

No fight in me, time will tell

Who cares if the project gets delayed the more time it takes the stronger the security at least they are working on it. Now i can finally stake my coins after few weeks that is.

2 Likes

Night fight? About symantics? Hell yeah count me in, I am always up for a good night fight behind the bar in a dark alley at 2 o’clock in the morning after getting sh!t faced. Whooo Hooo!

(just kidding brother :slight_smile:)