Stuck in http://127.0.0.1:12798 when running ./cnode.sh script

Be carefull after cntools upgrade you should modify cnood.sh script for block producer node…
Check with gliveview.sh if your node is started as a BP or Relay :+1:

On BP you should see core - mainnet and blocks info

Thanks so much for the input!

I know I need to edit the ‘POOL_DIR’…do I need to edit something else?

Or, I only edit the “POOL_DIR” for the BP node?

Also, in regards to editing the topologyUpdater.json, can you clarify what you meant by:

Yeah, you need to replace TEST with your name folder (only on BP)… and yeah keep your BP connected only with your relays

wanted to say that your BP should be connected only with your relays . never mind… I think you already knew it

Can you clarify this?

are you saying to comment this out for BP?
#MAX_PEERS

Yes… but if your BP has conexions only with your Relays I think it’s not the case anymore for u

Alex, I have most of it figured out but still running into one big problem…During set-up, how do I establish that the node IS a block producing node?

here are the github directions:

the actual ‘cnode.sh’ file is a bit different so I added a POOL_NAME (IS33) which I thought would trigger that the node is a block producer:

Note: For my relay node, I left the default (#POOL_DIR=…)

Thanks again for all of your help!

If your folder where your keys, certificates are naming ISS3 then it’s fine ( go to cd $CNODE_HOME/priv/pool and type ls -l ; here you can see how your folder’s name).

Than you can check if your node run ok by starting ./gliveview.sh

You should see on top (corenode- mainnet)
Also on bottom info about KES and blocks infos.

Thanks for the reply! I don’t remember seeing any directory within $CNODE_HOME/priv - Do you think I would need to create the additional directorys? (/pool/IS33)

I will create a new node tomorrow and hope there is a /pool/ directory prior to running the node

You must have it… cd $CNODE_HOME
Here you should see folders like logs, scripts, priv, db, files … you must go on priv -> pool
Here you should have a folder where your certificates, keys, metadata, etc are kept

Thanks! I’ll try again… I definitely remember /priv but thought it was an empty folder

It is… on Relays node, but on BP it’s very important that folder… there are kept your wallet informations and pools cold keys, certificates, etc

Hi Alexd, why should we use the topology updater on the BP node? Shouldn’t the BP node only have your relays IP:Port in its topology file?

Indeed, you should run the topology updater script once/hour to keep your BP alive;
Your BP should be connected only with your Relays (for security reasons).
The topology updater should be edited ( mark with # max peers line and edit the line custom peers with you relays ip (exemple 1.2.3.4:3000|1.2.3.4:3001

After first topology updater run you should see in files/topology.json your relays added ;
Then in gliveview you can check if your BP works in core mainnet mode (you should see infos about kes certificates and block informations)

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:
All the topology updater script does is update your topology.json file. You don’t need to update your BP topology file since it should have your relays IPs. I know that you need to run the updater script every hour (for a minimum for 3 hours), but your BP node should not be known to any other relay other than your own. If you run the topology script on your BP node, isn’t this a bad thing? Am I missing something? Thanks

Yeah, the topology updater should run only on Relays… sorry for confusion (I checked on my server and is not running ;I configured moths ago and I forgot)

The topologyupdater shell script must be executed on the relay node as a cronjob exactly every 60 minutes. After 4 consecutive requests (3 hours) the node is considered a new relay node in listed in the topology file. If the node is turned off, it’s automatically delisted after 3 hours.

Hi @Alexd1985
my producer node stucked at activating… below is the screenshot of the message

what’s your thoughts ?

Go to… cd $CNODE_HOME/scripts

and run ./cnode.sh

what is the error?

I saw you are running 1.23.0

We are in allegra era since 16 dec… you need to upgrade your nodes to 1.24.2 version

I uploaded the result for cnode.sh and topologyupdate.sh2