Syncing blocks stuck

I am trying to open my wallet daedalus and it’s stuck on syncing blocks. What do I do?

How long has it been syncing? What % of the Blockchain is synced? I ask because if it’s been a while since you have synced, or it’s the first time you are syncing, the process can take quite a long time. If it’s the first time you are syncing then it may take several hours (10+) depending on your internet connection.

It’s not the first time for me I have cordano in the wallet. I haven’t opened it in a while at least a month or two. I just wanted to check everything with my Cryptocurrencys and check on them as I do from time to time. Also the sync number was rather high I don’t remember exactly what it was but I left my computer on all night and was the same this morning.

You probably gonna have to completely uninstall your Daedalus and install latest version: daedaluswallet.io

1 Like

Did you have any luck in fixing this? I am having the same issue now. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still stuck at 93.59% Do I have to delete the blockchain too?

Hi! Does it stay at this number for a long time?

I just got back to my computer, I let it run all day and it went down actually to 93.29%. Naturally because the blockchain is now bigger. Must be unable to receive new blocks, any idea how to fix the problem?

Upload your node log file from one of this locations:

1. %appdata%\Daedalus\Logs\node
  2. ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/Logs/node

You may PM this file to me, and I will see what I can do

That helped me:

I am stuck at the loading screen, it says “Syncing blocks” at X.X%. What should I do?
Please note that blocks are synced in steps, each of which might take up to a minute. If Daedalus is stuck at X.XX% value for several minutes, please check your internet connection and try to restart Daedalus. If the internet connection is stable and syncing is still freezing after the restart, please follow the instruction below to reset the blocks in your PC.

Win:

Type %appdata% on the explorer’s address bar
Open Daedalus folder
Delete the content of DB-1.0
Mac:

On the Finder’s menu bar select Go
Click Go to Finder…
Type ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus
Delete the content of the DB-1.0 folder

4 Likes

I actually just let it sit with it hooked up on a wired network instead of wireless and turned everything off where my computer would not turn off and it worked. It took forever but I seen it slowly going up and when it finally opened I updated it from the app itself. This wallet is horrible and slow but that’s what we have to deal with I guess.

1 Like

I think that did the trick, starting over but it’s moving up. Thanks @Chris28

2 Likes

I have good internet but just a touchscreen laptop…only 4 GB memory…I downloaded the new version 1.3 I think and it still took 8 hrs…the update was supposed to update memory usage by 90% and block sync time 3x or 300%. I did 10 transfers in and out…they all worked. I downloaded after the update Charles said would take 12 hrs to perculate thru the system. I hadn’t logged on in over a day but when I tried, IOHK asked to update my hard drive and I had to select yes for it to open

I have good internet but just a touchscreen laptop…only 4 GB memory…I downloaded the new version 1.3 I think and it still took 8 hrs…the update was supposed to update memory usage by 90% and block sync time 3x or 300%. I did 10 transfers in and out…they all worked. I downloaded after the update Charles said would take 12 hrs to perculate thru the system. I hadn’t logged on in over a day but when I tried, IOHK asked to update my hard drive and I had to select yes for it to open…its been moving back from 99.59% to below 99.2% now…I know if I can just get the blockchain to sync the rest of the way then i’ll see my Ada.

Sorry guys, new to the forum and not a real techy unless mechanical engineering counts…Autocad and designing cavity injection molds but nothing like this amazing blockchain cryptography…This project is a sleeping GIANT!! under 10 cents…back the truck up at 1400 sats.
I downloaded after the update Charles said would take 12 hrs to perculate thru the system. I hadn’t logged on in over a day but when I tried, IOHK asked to update my hard drive and I had to select yes for it to open…its been moving back from 99.59% to below 99.2% now…I know if I can just get the blockchain to sync the rest of the way then i’ll see my Ada. I dont know how to backup Daedalus and I thought I had to do that before Deleting and re-downlading it…I’ll put a 100 Ada bounty for whoever helps me fix my problem

You keep repeating yourself. Not only in this topic, which is about someone else’s (ancient) problem, but you previously started a topic of your own in which I (and others) already replied to your questions! Go back and look at that, and, if you can, delete the first two of your posts in this topic.

1 Like

I’m sorry, l’m totally new to forum and how it works. If I have my seed and password then I should be fine I hope. I’m still learning how to get to what people have said about my question, I’m not helpless just new. I appreciate all the help @RobJF I will send some Ada to those that help me out as soon as I can get back into Daedalus…I am currently picking up where I left off a few days ago and should have problem taken care of today. Thanks again

How do I delete my previous posts?

Sorry if I’ve been impatient with you, I suppose I expect everyone to be familiar with forums!

There’s a set of icons in the bottom right hand corner of every post. If you click on the three dots you get an expanded set. If it’s your own post that includes a “bin” icon, click on that to delete the post.

To restore your wallet on the same or a different computer you don’t need the password, just the 12 word seed phrase. The password is only for sending ADA and generating new addresses.

This daedalus synching is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

PROBLEM: Corrupt copy of Cardano blockchain

What is said here is that probably one of the files where the Cardano Blockchain is stored localy in your PC got corrupted so the Daedalus syncing process stops. You need to delete the blockchain from your system and attempt to download it again.

SOLUTION: Delete and restore blockchain data

This solution is explained here: https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009484874

Windows

1. Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running
  2. Type %appdata% on the explorer’s search bar, or alternatively go to:
    *C:\Users[your user name]\AppData*
  3. Locate the Roaming folder and open it, find the Daedalus folder and open it.
  4. Locate the DB-1.0 folder and delete it. Note that this folder contains over 1.5 million files so this delete operation could take hours.
  5. Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
  6. Locate the Wallet-1.0 folder and delete it.
  7. Reboot your machine
  8. Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync. Note this will take several hours since the blockchain is large (over 15 Gb as of October 2018).

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

This solution worked fine for me. I think this is irrelevant but the actual name of the folder “Wallet-1.0” was “Wallet-1.0-acid” and there was already another folder named “Wallet-1.0-backup-2018-12…”.

Instead of deleting these folders, I ended up just renaming them (“DB-1.0” and “Wallet-1.0”)so I kept them as backup for an extra peace of mind.

I also added the exception to my antivirus so it doesn’t scan the Daedalus folder and made sure that the folder is not considered for Indexing either. I think this helps with the speed at witch the Blockchain is downloaded and then restored locally.

It took some time but I left the PC working on it overnight and in the morning I started to restore my wallets. It is a straight forward process once you figure out what you are doing, but only one step can be done at a time.

If you are in a hurry to get your funds, I think one can use Yoroi to access the funds rather instantly. I haven’t done it so I am not sure, but I read somewhere else that this was possible too.

I hope this is useful to someone who was as lost as I, good luck.