The Shelley hard fork: all you need to know

@IOHK_Tim Thanks so much for this Tim. For newbies like me, this kind of content is just invaluable!

Many thanks! :clap:t5: :ok_hand:t5:

Congrats to the whole entire Cardano family!
What is the expected time frame for hardware wallet support/update?

When setting up a stake pool, can I run multiple nodes in parallel which support the same pool? This way I could use a setup involving Kubernetes to have 0 pool down-time using rolling software updates.

Hi @IOHK_Tim,

What will be the procedure to redeem ITN rewards for the stake pool operators with just the private key?

2 Likes

Hi, I used the Windows version of Daedalus 2.0.0 and installed it after the hard fork was completed. It created a Byron wallet for some reason. Any suggestions?

1 Like

That’s your existing wallet, you need to create a new Shelley wallet and transfer your ada to it, you should be prompted to do that when syncing is complete.

1 Like

Ofcourse it is :slight_smile:

A newly created Shelley wallet is 24 words. Byron has 12.

1 Like

That’s because you restored a Byron era wallet. All new created wallets are Shelley wallets.

1 Like

thanks robjf, i am syning now left corner i stil see stated byron in red?? sending to new shelly how is that works by spending or prase password?
still not fully syned😁

aha so i can trow all 12 words away and note the new 24 words and store those safe somewhere,spendingpass it will b the same or must make new one also???
thank u andy

Never throw your seeds away. I’ve asked if we can make an explainer video for this so please do not throw things away in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grimacing:ok andy so 12word still valid also in new shelly wallet??

As said before; please wait for the explanation.

yup thanks andy will do that👍

@darko Great work, would like to begin staking. For some reason my Windows 10 machine tells me that both blockchain and history synch fully, but I never receive tADA from the faucett. Any clue? Any issues? I Watched the video, read medium, looked up known issues, kept updating deadalus … would appreciate and hints to get the wallet to work.

This is mainnet, not testnet, no tADA, no faucet.

Have you read this?

3 Likes

A couple of questions:Should I delete my new Shelley address from the Daedalus wallet after delegating my stake?

Will my delegated stake decrease if I spend my ADA? e.g. If I delegated all 100ADA in my wallet, and then spent 30ADA, what happens?

Simplest way to explain, by an example:

1. I delegate my wallet (i.e. bunch of addresses it has funds on it) that contains 1000ADA on Monday.
  2. The epoch turn-over (next epoch is due to) is Friday
  3. The stake snapshot is taken (means your 1000ADA as stake is stored) on Friday which is based on all the delegated stakes (not really but for the sake of the simplicity is fine)
    • so your stake is activated, means you will earn based on this.
  4. After next Wednesday my delegation reward will be calculated and a 5 days later it will be delivered to your account.

So, if I spend 100 of my ADA between the delegation time (1.) and the next epoch snapshot (3.), then I only would delegate 900, as I spent it before snapshot, so the snapshot balance is 900.

But, if I spend that 100 ADA after Friday’s snapshot (3.) and before the following Wednesday (4.), I would earn interest on the whole 1000 ADA, but 900ADA would only included in the Wednesday’s snapshot.

I hope it makes sense, as the most important thing is the snapshot balance of your wallet at the start of the epoch.

3 Likes