TO WITHDRAW REWARDS DOING STAKING

Hi!. I’ve my ADA delegated. I’ve withdrawed my rewards. I continue with the delegation. I’ve had only 6 confirmations. Why?. Is it correct?. Is it possible to receive more confirmations after 1 hour of the transaction?. With 6 confirmations is enough to withdraw?. It seems my rewards are accumulated to my ADA delegated.

1 Like

You usually do not have to care too much about confirmations. The confirmations how many blocks were already built on the block where your transaction landed in. No, you cannot actively do anything to get more confirmations. They come automatically and they are also not specific to your transaction, but to the whole block with transactions from a lot of different users.

Six after an hour seems a bit low, though. Maybe your wallet app is out of sync with the blockchain and you could try to resync or restart your wallet app.

Rewards and their withdrawal are a totally different topic. Rewards are always accumulated to your delegated ADA. You do not have to withdraw them for that. The only reason to withdraw rewards is if you want to spend them. It is advisable to only withdraw rarely. Especially if you have little ADA delegated the transaction fees can eat up a lot of the rewards you withdraw (or even be higher).

Other wallet apps have decided to do withdrawals implicitly in other transactions that are done anyway. This saves quite a bit of transaction fees. The blockchain doesn’t care if rewards are withdrawn in separate transactions or together with a lot of other stuff.

1 Like