Tool for converting ADA into Amazon gift cards (removing the BTC middleman)

Yeah, just a personal account though, not one for altability yet.

2 Likes

Very cool! Efforts, and usable tools, like this will greatly hasten the adoption of Cardano. Software that works as intended, easy to understand, and reduces costs is the Holy Grail.

A few shout-outs in upcoming IOHK/CH video interviews might be called for.

If Gigi Del could quit blabbing for ten minutes and took a look at this she might tone down the harsh rant…

1 Like

SOLD! I did not really really want to sell my ADA but I felt like I had an obligation to you and the community to use the tool, it works, I have exchanged ADA for $100 Amazon code.
Thank you for your contribution!

2 Likes

Wow, this is very cool! Really happy to see some first actual use ecommerce tools starting up!

Note to help with the credibility aspect, ran the payment address in our https://adacheck.io site:

One sale pending (current price = 271.10 Ada = $100 Amazon gift card), 25 total sales so far!

2 Likes

Thanks! I would like to promote it, but maybe as soon as you have specific " altability" account.

@MegaWind Did i actually just barely beat you at something?? Sweet! And I would like to thank you here for the ADA address check you support (https://adacheck.io/) that you have given the community, that is a good feature for new user’s and even those of us that doubt everything, I will be using it when more merchants come into play,
Which brings up the question of who the first merchant is/was for ADA, i think this tool for exchange might bring @nschmidt7 into contention as the being the first actual merchant with a developed application to use ADA as a currency, I congratulate you sir if I am correct @nschmidt7, I hope this serves you as well as it serve’s the rest of the community.

2 Likes

Very cool, I do have one concern though. As I understand this, I send the cardano and then get a transaction ID that I will enter in the site with my email to get the gift card. So what is stopping a bot from tracking this address in an ADA block explore and instantly using any new transaction ID to claim the giftcard faster than I can enter in the ID myself?

2 Likes

@joshuaunitus That hasn’t happened yet. But that’s why there’s a slight delay on the payout, to ensure that if two people try to submit the same transaction, the system doesn’t payout to quickly to the first person (because they might be the block bot). In the event that it happens, the system doesn’t pay out either, both parties are emailed and each of them is asked to send a unique (and small) amount of cardano from the same wallet that they bought the gift card from. Once the correct customer is identified, the gift code is dispensed and the small cardano used to verify their identity is refunded. Not a perfect system, but it’d work if something ever happened.

Once metadata can be attached to the transactions in the daedalus wallet (which will be soon hopefully), this won’t be any issue at all.

2 Likes

Ah thank you, this is reassuring. I agree it’s not perfect but it does work. Hopefully soon we will have metadata to work with, thanks for the quick reply @nschmidt7 Let us know when you have a twitter account set up so we can support with a follow. :smiley:

1 Like