Update payment keys and addresses of a running stake pool

Hi all,

Is there a way to update the payment keys of a running stake pool? For a security reason, I would like to use another payment.vkey and payment.skey pair, instead of the existing pair in my current stake pool. I have some delegators in my pool and thus don’t want to create a new pool just to have a new payment key pair.

Or can we have multiple pairs in 1 stake pool?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Trung,

Yes, you can re-register your pool using the new stake keys associated with a new payment keypair (but be sure to register that new stake address first before re-registering your pool).

The challenge to consider is maintaining your pledge - to do this, I would register two entries for the owner pledge address - so it would look something like this in your pool re-registration:

–pool-reward-account-verification-key-file new-stake.vkey
–pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file new-stake.vkey
–pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file old-stake.vkey \

Do not pay the 500 Ada fee when re-registering a pool, and make sure to use the same pool cold keys for signing.

Then you will need to wait for the new registration to take effect before moving your pledge from the old address to the new address.

I hope this helps.

Your friend, FROG

3 Likes

wow, I really appreciate your answer @ADAfrog. I cannot thank you enough for this.
You’re really a STAR in this Cardano world.

2 Likes

Helo,
I have my own case regarding this re-register pool.
My friend wants to help me raise my pool pledge by being a second owner of the pool but the reward address still using mine because i am still the pool operator.
In this case:
Current pledge 5.2k and my friend will help to raise the pledge to 30k using his 25k.
He is not delegated to any other pool right now.
How to re-register his wallet to be the second owner with update the pledge and without changing the reward addres ?