Updating Cardano node to 1.30.1

Hello,
just wanted to ask about updating Cardano node from the current version of 1.25.1 to the new version of 1.30.1. I understand the upgrade is probably desirable but is it really mandatory? Would it result in a better performance? I am just curious if I should proceed with the upgrade, considering that it will result in a downtime for the node.
Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance!

Did you not upgrade to 1.29.0? Most likely you are not producing any blocks. We have to upgrade to 1.30.1 to produce blocks in the future

Yes, you need to upgrade to 1.30.1 as soon as possible in order to produce blocks. 1.29.0 was mandatory since Sep 12th. ​1.25.1 is outdated.

When doing the upgrade you need to pay attention to upgrade instructions for all stable releases between your version and the latest one as there were new configurations included:
ie 1.26.1, 1.27.0, 1.29.0, 1.31.1 (see if there was something between 1.25.1 and 1.26.1)

You do not need to build the binaries but you will need to upgrade the libraries and tools required for 1.31.1, and the configuration updates for all versions in between.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have successfully upgraded to 1.30.1.

1 Like