What will happen first: EOS mainnet or ADA staking

What will happen first?

EOS mainnet goes live, or Cardano decentralisation i.e. Staking

• EOS mainnet will go live
  • ADA staking will go live

0 voters

3 Likes

The question is not when - my 2. The Q is - who’s product will be better? EOS main net will be a glorious success (Ada’s main net is live since september 2017) ? Will Staking Ada and getting fresh minted Ada in the wallet make more people buy it?

4 Likes

We’ll see. Time will be the best judge. Hold on to your EOS while ADA will change the world! - LOL.

1 Like

Sell your eos right now man

2 Likes

Exciting times.

The answer is obvious :slightly_smiling_face: Cardano! Due to it’s transparency you know not only that they are actually working on it.
EOS on other hand is rather shady. Is there an actual work being done on EOS? All I see is a lot of advertisement with big promises like 100,000 TPS… As far as I understand what they are is a year long ICO that makes a lot of promises while their contract specifically states that they will not be providing any actual services. When their ICO ends in a couple months, I would not be surprised if they disappear with the money leaving people with tokens that have 0 value

yes

also yes

I would be surpised

Do you not find that contract suspicious?

The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform

Or information available on FAQ – EOSIO

Proceeds from the EOS Token distribution will be the revenue of block.one

block.one is building the EOS.IO Software but it will not configure and/or launch any public blockchain platform adopting the open source EOS.IO Software (the “EOS Platform”). Any launch of an EOS Platform will occur by members of the community unrelated to block.one.

At this point the EOS Token distribution process will be complete and any person who wishes to launch an EOS Platform adopting the EOS.IO Software will be able to generate a JSON file mapping EOS public keys to the fixed balances of the EOS Tokens from the state of the Ethereum blockchain.

The way I read this is that token is worthless and the company is not planning to launch the platform. Did you draw different conclusions when reading these?

It’s a legal thing. Selling unregistered securities is a crime. They are making it 100% crystal clear, these are not securities.

I might have misunderstood, but I think the main thriving force for EOS was the idea to make a decentralized wiki. Aka huge worldwide multilayered wikipage. Compared to our current centralized wikipage where there can only be 1 article about 1 topic

Well, apparently EOS is going live 1st June.

You did misunderstood. It’s a full POS Smart Contracts blockchain.