When cardano smart contracts mainnet?

Hi

smart contract test net started, but when mainnet will be released?

I just wonder when developers will be able to build dapps for real life use cases, this autumn or next year only?

should be released this year, at the end of Q3 or beginning of Q4

so it is sempteber or october most likely.

but I see it like another sell the news event like always and afte the news long road will be ahead for developers to create and change the industry

As a long time developer I can appreciate the fortitude it takes for this delay.

Good things come to those who wait for the full confidence of the engineers and scientists. My take is they would rather fork and release Gougen when they are ready rather than deliver something broken or untested to meet an expectation or demand.

That said we will likely still see some bugs in the early phases so while smart contracts will almost certainly go mainnet this year it honestly will not be until late next year that Cardano delivers on the hype of “killing ETH” even though that is not at all their goal.

For my project I am focusing on anything BUT smart contracts. I will employ what is needed when the time is right. Perhaps even later than the right time … nothing worth doing was ever easily or quickly achieved!

In short, patience is a virtue.

1 Like

So you think that it will take almost 1 year to fully test cardano smart contracts? Hypers will do the work as usual…

Eth wont be killed only because many company ROI to migrate to cardano is not woth it. It is like windows forms applications mograte to wpf or web, it is just too much cost and their software is creating old ways even now days

Everything comes and goes. I have not made any VB6 desktop apps in a long time and in another long time JavaScript will be old news. In another decade this research will have paved the way for the 4th generation. When the 5th generation comes about people will talk about BTC the way I talk about floppy disks :wink:

Btc will be valuable as collective coins. Old rare cars has big value today :slight_smile:

I dont know who is 4th and 5th. But it just will has more use cases

I beg to differ: If you can simply migrate with a click of a button (EVM in Cardano) which will reduce your cost from, what is it now? minimum $17 (I have paid up to $50/tx in defi dapps) per contract call vs cardano fee (based on UTXO TX body size plus Plutus core computing?), let’s speculate is $3-$5. Multiply that by 100x/day: $1700 vs $500 (that’s a %70 discount alone in transaction fees) and add to that settlement speed and the fact you don’t have to cross your fingers and hope the transaction “will go thru” since it will happen unless another transaction/dapp front-runs you and takes/consumes the UTXO you built your tx with.
Add to that a loyal community, a proper methodology of governance and development, and great business and finance acumen?
Oh, and don’t forget, a large % of the fees go back into funding development (Catalyst) and treasury staking where everyone wins?

Many years away from side-chain EVM integration that is as easy as “a click of a button” if it ever will be.

One promising project I have seen attempt facilitating this is Glow DSL. Software migrations are inherently complex especially if they were not designed with the need to migrate from their onset.

Anyone who closely coupled their app to existing implementations of Solidity and ETH is much more likely to push for ETH 2.0 which promises reduction in gas fees and a soft fork hybrid migration from PoW to PoS over time.

That said I still think Cardano has a lot to offer and I would wager most of the best use cases for blockchain have yet to even be imagined. Blockchain development is still in the “early 90s stage of the internet” where people were making homepages for their pets before things like Google even existed.

1 Like

so it is home made application migration. What about corporations big applications migration?