Why is the daedalus wallet not available for Linux?

That’s not how software development works–even in functional programming.

Oh dear, I thought Charles Hoskinson and colleagues knew what they were doing, now I’ll have to go sell all my ADA… :wink:

If you trust humans to be error-free and capable of writing code that is bug-free, you have bigger problems than your ADA holdings.

So only community testing counts, and formal verification, commercial third-party and in-house testing are a total waste of time, equivalent to trusting humans to be perfect.

I give up.

Funny, I never said such things. Go build more stawmen.

I said

Core Cardano components are proven by formal methods, the project does not depend on community testing as traditional OS projects do.

You replied

That’s not how software development works–even in functional programming.

So if you didn’t mean that only community testing counts, what did you mean, please?

(Changed my mind about giving up! :smile:)

1 Like

Just in case you missed this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I managed to pull it off, that is building from github, for me that is important but indeed it will be nice desktop linux user to get some love too. So the whole point in the thread that, you see Linux is <2% market domination, hold no ground since ,as pointed out, it is the devs that truly need! it. The software stack required for cardano is most ‘native’ for linux. Even macOS is far away, that it require macports etc. for FOSS stuff.

side note, hardware wallet as are ; 0.000000000000000000001 % of global desktop market :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a Comparison of Ada wallets and exchanges which included Linux.

1 Like