Yoroi and Trezor problems

Thanks to some chat with Trezor support I found a solution (and in the end it was my own mistake): Problem with Yoroi/ADA and Trezor Model T - Third party wallets - Trezor Forum

Basically, when first creating the wallet I was an inexperienced user and when the Trezor connect window asked for my passphrase, I thought it was asking for me to create a password so I entered a password. Result is that I created a new hidden wallet on my Trezor with that password as passphrase, without knowing it. (Then I didn’t touch my wallet for several months and forgot the details of what I had done). When I use that password as passphrase the correct wallet is restored.

So for anyone else with the issue, try remembering if you entered a password when importing your wallet into Yoroi, and use that as a passphrase. Or try all your common passwords as passphrase (if you re-use passwords, which you shouldn’t). Best case that would restore the correct hidden wallet (that you didn’t know you had created).

what did I asked you on 9 Sep? :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue you had but I am confident I did not have a passphrase, or if I did accidentally set a passphrase at some point, I have no idea what it is.

Is there a way to check whether or not I am having a passphrase/secret account issue?

Go to trezor sertings and deactivate the passphrase… now restore the wallet on adalite.io ; if still see the balance 0 then it can means:

• ADA are on another trezor device (another seed words)
  • u set a passphrase when u created the wallet (check for a password on password manager of the browser… maybe u are lucky)
  • ADA can be on a standard wallet

Thanks for your response. I did what you suggested and I see no funds on adalite with passphrase off.
Then I turned passphrase on and connected to adalite again and I still don’t see any funds and it didn’t ask me to enter a passphrase, which was not what I expected.

I do not have another trezor. I do have a seed phrase for another ADA account but it is empty and not connected to trezor.

What is my next step here? Thanks

Hello, i’m having the same problem to acess my funds in my wallet. There is any way that i can recover a passphrase in yoroi?
I’m also using a trezor T in the yoroi.

I actually don’t remerber if i put a passphrase when i first enter in yoroi, but i already tried all the passwords that i use and none of them worked.

Please help me!!

Hi, Uhad same problem with YOROI Wallet. I could’t restore it using my trezor T, I tried everything.
Finally what I did was to try trezor in https://adalite.io/ and that worked, I could acces to my funds, transferm etc. (I used same password prhase that I tried with YOROI)
hope you can solve it

Try with yoroi on another browser