Yoroi Testnet Wallet

Yoroi Testnet Wallet

Well, it might be a noob question, sorry for that. After downloading Yoroi Testnet Wallet Firefox version) I was able to restore my wallet with 15 words (from Byron wallet) and new spending phase. I used option: restore wallet. I tried to stake a few times, but it didn’t work, wallet was pending all the time. Finally I had to switch to chrome version. I can stake now. But my question refers to something else: during the first recovery it took me 0.6 ADA as transaction fee. Shelley wallet has recorded the transaction (receive) with ADA from addresses I used to transfer my ADA from exchange to Byron wallet. During the process of recovery/creation of Shelley wallet Byron wallet was active. Is it ok, or ADA from Byron was transferred somehow? Balance on Byron Wallet (Firefox) is unaffected and all transactions are as they should be: transfers from exchange and nothing else.

Regards

Shelley is currently a separate testnet and any transaction on the testnet does not affect your mainnet balance

2 Likes

Many thanks for quick replay. So, this 0.6 ADA transfer fee was just a cost of upgrading the wallet to Shelley. In one of videos it was mentioned, but it was not shown as this part (recovery) was skipped and I missed this information.

You are doing good job! Thanks!

Regards

Hi Sebastien, I was searching around the forum but did not find an answer on my question. I am staking by delegation with yoroi on the testnet. I get rewards which continously increase the amount of delegated Ada. But the total balance of Ada in my wallet does not change. Does this mean the staked Ada are not yet assinged to my wallet?

BR,

Jim

Hello. Please upload the incentive testnet version once again. People misunderstand to know if it’s a knight version
Thank you for always good material.

You should see the total amount increase on the delegation dashboard (balance + reward). The wallet balance displayed at the top of the application doesn’t increase because Yoroi doesn’t support sending your rewards in a transaction. It would be confusing if your wallet balance was 10ADA but you could only send 5ADA.

2 Likes

OK thanks for the clarification.

BR, Jim

So am I actually delegating the balance +reward?

While you’re waiting for Seb, I don’t actually know, but I think that’s very unlikely. It would complicate accounting, because at the end of the ITN only rewards matter, the balance will evaporate.

1 Like

My question is about the feasibility to implement a feature to Yoroi or Daedalus. Is it possible to see something like this…?
Being forced by oversaturation to change the pool is a mechanism to spread the ADA over many pools. This helps the majoity of pools to get profitable and prevents centralisation on a few pools. So far so good. But watching all the time the saturation of pools becomes this way an every day job to a stakholder. Yes - it can be easyly done by taking a look on pooltool.io or adapools.org - But this is not an option to a stakholder who wants to stak without caring all the time. I suggested to implement a tool that automates the poolpicking by choosing selected parameters set by the stakholder. I don’t think this is to hard to implement in Yoroi or Daedalus. Is it possible to see something similar once the main tasks related to network stability are completed?
Maybe Sebastien could answer this the best. I know the priority of this problem is not very high but never the less it is something that could make the stakholders life easier, helps to spread ADA faster over the available pools and helps also to avoid oversaturating them…

1 Like

Software can’t automatically change which pool the user is delegating to because you need the user to type in their password to create a transaction. Users won’t type their password unless you explain to users why their password is needed which means the user ends up having to do research regardless. We’re continuously improving Yoroi to make staking easier but at the end of the day the user has to do some amount of work

3 Likes

Yes you can see this for example with the IOHK private pool where the amount of ADA owned by the stake pool increases by the exact amount of ADA they earn every epoch

1 Like

Thanks for answering - sounds reasonable :+1: