ADA Redemption / Redemption Key / Certificate

I bought ADA on bittrex, created Daedalus wallet and transferred from Bittrex to wallet.
The ADA is not showing up on wallet. Do I need to upload Certificate - I never got one in an email or when I installed the walled. My wallet is showing 0.000000
Please help

How long has it been since you transferred? Did you check the first and last four numbers/letters of the address before sending?

Sometimes the transfer can take a while. Usually it’s because the Bittrex servers are backed up with send/receive orders. A couple days ago there was a que for several hours before a semd/recieve went through.

Yes. but i did not upload a certificate. I did not get a certificate though.

Do I have to have a certificated uploaded in order for my ada to transfer to my wallet?

No. You don’t need a certificate or redemption key. Bittrex appears to be under a heavy load and send/receive orders are backed up. I agree with what @Pairadice3007 said.

Something you can do to help give you some piece of mind. In your Bittrex Wallets you should see a Pending Withdrawals section. Your transfer should be listed in there while its still “Pending” i.e. queued up in the Bittrex transfer queues. Once the Pending Withdrawals clears it should be on its way to your Daedalus wallet.

I have had a lot of very quick transfers from Bittrex and a couple slow ones. With the current crypto exuberance and volume of trading I understand why Bittrex is hammered.

Hang in there. You will get your transfer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you much :grin:

How do I get the certificate?

You’re welcome. I’ve been actively accumulating ADA for a little over a month now. Seems like the exchanges have some slow times when trading volume is high. But they always complete successfully.

Are you talking about this?

If so; this was used for an early sale of ADA. Most of us will not use this and don’t have a certificate or need one. Redemption is not the same as Selling your ADA if that is what your talking about.

The Daedalus FAQ has some info about Redemption and Certificates.

1 Like

Hi there, I installed Daedalus today. I transferred some ada from Coinspot to an address. After sending I realized I hadn’t uploaded a certificate or done the redemption. How can this be done so I can receive my funds? I also generated two addresses in my received funds. The coins were sent to the bottom one of the two where it says generated addresses. Assistance is required to help a beginner here. Thanks heaps.

From an official partner exchange you don’t need a certificate, just patience, if the address was correct your coins will come, maybe up to ten hours later at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to know. Just hoping it go’s to the first address I generated which was recorded on the exchange. It’s been nine hours so i’ll stay patient.

It also says there has been no transactions in my Daedalus wallet. Nothing pending either. I also use an Exodus wallet so I’m used to that process.

Just received it. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

daedalus wallet where to find Redemption key
or if you have a password, you do not need a redemption key ?
Please help my

The redemption key is only for investors from the pre-sale that took place in Japan from 2015 until 2017. If you didn’t buy during that pre-sale, ignore it. :slight_smile: