Ambassador Stories, Journal #2 : Philippe, Sebastián & Josh

Welcome to the second journal of our recently started “Ambassador Stories”! :star_struck:

Every week, you’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

This week we have three stories for you separated in three parts. Please read all about Philippe, Sebastián & Josh down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Philippe (@philpa), Content Creator & one of the first Cardano Ambassadors.

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I’m a first generation Haitian-American, and a graduate of Columbia University in the City of New York. I had plans to become a medical doctor all the way until my senior year, but my brother and I started a business together when I was a sophomore and each year that passed pushed me further away from a medical career. Upon graduation, I decided to focus on my business full-time and I definitely made the correct decision.

I run a government contract facility service company, utilizing horizontal and vertical distribution to optimize the efficiency in service contracts. I enjoy the challenges and spontaneity in running a business. Setting up processes that can be replicated while reducing overhead and variable costs is something that drives me to continue growing.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I first heard about Bitcoin in 2011. My brother and I had plans to mine, but our growing business and school work took priority and we missed out on that opportunity. I was reintroduced to crypto in May 2017 when my girlfriend told me about Ethereum. I started investing around that time, but I was purely motivated by what could generate profit. There weren’t too many crypto projects that really spoke to me. In reality, I was searching for an ecosystem which could offer the financial autonomy of being able to control funds while providing an unparalleled guarantee of security.

3) Why Cardano?

I heard about Cardano in October 2017, and I immediately felt that there was something special about the project. Everything was academically rigorous and tested. Cardano is a project that needed to happen in order to provide some credibility within this cryptocurrency market. Their focus on providing solutions to the unbanked populations of the world is creating a sense of true globalism and is necessary to take “electronic money” to the next level.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I run a personal YouTube channel called philpa where I’ve created over 150 Cardano-related videos. I am also the co-host, along with Richard McCraken and Sebastien Guillemot, of the Cardano Effect Podcast. I created a Telegram group, originally titled Cardano is Coming, which had over 500 passionate Cardano community members. I have recently renamed it the Cardano Effect. I originally started my YouTube videos to communicate with a few people who shared the same passion for cryptocurrency, but it has really grown over the past year and I thank everyone who has supported me.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I have a vision of Cardano laying the bricks for a bright cryptocurrency future. I believe that the ecosystem will be sound in a few years as staking will be live, adoption will grow, and users will truly be able to seamlessly interact with the legacy and cryptocurrency systems simultaneously.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

If you truly understand what this project is trying to accomplish, sit back, put down your cryptocurrency price tracker, and enjoy the ride. We’ve hit an inflection point and Cardano is here to stay whether or not you’re a fan of the project. It truly is something special.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Philippe’s work! He can be followed via his personal Twitter account, The Cardano Effect Podcast & The Cardano Effect Youtube channel, and The Cardano Effect Telegram channel.

—The End of Part 1.

11 Likes

Ambassador Stories, Part 2: Sebastián (@CardanoCastellano), Translator & one of the earlier Cardano Ambassadors.

(Sebastián with his dog, “Quien”)

I was born in 1977. I am not married and don’t have any kids. I studied marketing and worked for about 4 years at two Japanese companies. I basically like all sports that can take you from point A to B, swimming (I recommend you the total immersion technique), biking, skating, kitesurfing. Surfing and hang-gliding are on my wish list…

I like to read broad and various topics as much as possible, and I’m always trying to learn as much as I can about everything. I’m often considered kind of crazy by my relatives & friends, for example; I’m drinking sea water since six years ago. I recommend you to research about “René Quinton”.

I’m interested in quite a lot of different things, for example the “Earth Ship” houses, basically made from old car tires, which are amazingly efficient and resistant. Several of them were build in South America and I had the chance to assist some of its construction. When I have the opportunity, I enjoy to volunteer for https://www.sumandoenergias.org/ which is also an open source project, providing hot water for families to shower with, who are in very bad or poor situations. Water heaters are mainly made with hundreds of recycled things, such as plastic bottles, cans, etc. People from several different countries assists with these courses.

I started to feel intrigued about understanding Bitcoin. As per my way of being, this conducted me to literally hundreds of hours of investigation, reading, watching videos, etc. At first, it was not so easy for me to grasp these totally new concepts, ideas and vocabulary. Then, I started to become amazed by notions of decentralization, immutability, and so on.

3) Why Cardano?

I’m also a fan of the Zeitgeist Movement, which considers the scientific method as the most powerful tool known by the human race. So, in March 2018, when I first got to know about Cardano, it was love at first sight, from that moment on I couldn’t help but continue investigating and learning about this awesome project. From time to time I take a look at other projects, trying to prevent myself of being biased, but I always end up getting more and more convinced about the Cardano project. While investigating, several times I arrived to the conclusion that this is even better than I had previously imagined.

I’m a Spanish translator. My hope is to help as much as possible, to educate and reduce the barrier of entry of those who do not have the chance or capability to understand English. As Charles mentioned, the Hispanic community is “actively” looking for solutions for their (and our) problems. Spanish is one of the top languages spoken around the world, and I’m proud of having the chance to spread Cardano word of such clever minds, and to continue contributing as much as I can.

Just a bright one! I have the sensation that Charles already went to year 2100 and just came back. It seems that there is nothing that hasn’t been thought about and he is quite ahead of his time.

Educate yourself! Several experts in the field come with the same response when asked about what is lacking the most in the Cardano ecosystem and wider blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. The best answer to that is always: EDUCATION!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Sebastián’s work! He can be followed via his forum account and activities and join the Spanish community Telegram group here.

—The End of Part 2.

9 Likes

Ambassador Stories, Part 3: Joshua Munday (@Josh_Munday), our recently appointed Moderator.

(Josh (left) with Tom Kelly (former CF marketing and community manager), literally bumping into each other on the streets! What are the odds?)

I’m currently a student, just graduated from University with a BSc Hons in Biological Science. I hope to continue my studies this year and move to complete my Masters degree in Business Management and Digital strategy. I’m very curious by nature and enjoy learning about new developments in science/technology and business. I’m also an avid console gamer, and massive petrol head, so if anyone wants to chat cars/bikes then I’m your man!

Of course hearing lots about the rise of crypto during the 2017/18 highs and then through casual conversations with different family and friends about crypto, I began my journey into the space around early/mid 2018. Wanting to know more, my girlfriend’s father pointed me towards Charles’ Youtube videos where I became hooked on Cardano!

3) Why Cardano?

I believe that Cardano has some of the best and brightest, not only from the crypto space but from other areas such as the foremost experts on Haskell & functional programming languages, to some of the best cybersecurity minds in the world. I also feel the Cardano community is among the most vibrant and welcoming online communities I have ever come across, everyone is always willing to help you out and offer some advice when needed.

My official title is a moderator, so you’ll mainly find me online in a real-time environment, offering guidance and support. You can always find me moderating the Cardano telegram channels, Facebook group and Cardano reddit. Also recently I’ve been involved with the Meme Contest on the forum helping Sean where he needs and hope to do more fun things like this in the future!

I believe the Cardano Ecosystem will be a place for everyone. I think the community will grow even bigger and will support many millions of people from all backgrounds and all professions. We will be a powerhouse community at the forefront of technology, providing something for everyone.

I would just like to welcome all new members, and a friendly hello to the current members. I’m always around for a chat, so feel free to send a message if ever you need some help or what to chat Cardano (…don’t worry, I don’t bite!).

I look forward to meeting some of you soon!

**Don’t forget to like, follow, share Josh’s work! He can be followed via his forum account, Cardano Facebook, Twitter or on Telegram!

—The End of Part 3.

Such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next week, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! Adios amigos! :wave:

12 Likes