Cardano 1.5 Mainnet: Daedalus 0.13.0 with Cardano SL 3.0.0

Today we release Cardano 1.5 on the Cardano mainnet. The Cardano 1.5 release is a milestone because it is the last major Cardano release of the Byron development phase, which we have been in since the launch of mainnet.

Cardano 1.5 is important in preparation for moving to the Shelley development phase. This update brings a new consensus protocol, Ouroboros BFT, which is a key step in the transition from Ouroboros Classic, the current consensus protocol running the Cardano network, to Ouroboros Genesis, the protocol for the Shelley era. Ouroboros Genesis is a major upgrade to the protocol that underpins Cardano because it is first proof-of-stake protocol that matches the security guarantees of proof-of-work protocols such as Bitcoin.

Ouroboros BFT will not be immediately activated after deployment of the 1.5 release. It will be activated through a protocol update later, which will be announced separately. This protocol update will deactivate the Ouroboros Classic protocol and activate the Ouroboros BFT consensus protocol. This update is technically a hard fork but will take place in a smooth and automatic way because this is a planned protocol upgrade whereby all parties of the current federated system have agreed to the change.

Daedalus users need to upgrade to Cardano 1.5 by installing Daedalus 0.13.0 by following prompts in Daedalus. Everyone needs to upgrade to version 1.5 in order to make the hard fork.

Please be aware of fraudsters posting fake Daedalus apps online or making attempts through social media or private message to gain access to your wallet. Always download Daedalus only from official sources.

Cryptocurrency exchanges need to migrate from v0 to v1 wallet API before upgrading to this release. The v0 wallet API, which was deprecated in the 1.4 release, is now completely removed in the 1.5 release and can no longer be used.

The Cardano 1.5 release also makes many other improvements. These include performance improvements when rendering lists with a large number of transactions and wallet addresses, the addition of features for detecting insufficient disk space, and a new screen that visualizes the block storage consolidation process.

For more information please see the release notes.

33 Likes

Exciting times ahead!

5 Likes

Just upgraded my wallet!

3 Likes

ADA All The Way!

1 Like

Excuse me, how can I upgrade my Daedalus wallet.

When you open your Daedalus, you should be prompted with an Update notification.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I saw it and succesful upgraded but the wallet canā€™t open, should I restart my computer?

1 Like

That is certainly worth a try. If you continue to have problems you should start a new topic in Community Technical Support.

Oke! Thank you very much! My Daedalus is oke. Iā€™m very concerned about that and now itā€™s oke so I very happy. I believe in cardano. ADA is good to use and hold!!!

1 Like

A Big BRAVO!!!.. from Roma:applaudire::applaudire::applaudire::applaudire:

Will I need to do anything at all concerning my paper wallets during the upcoming hardforks? What do I need to do right now?

Paper wallets will be unaffected. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The new ā€œblock consolidation statusā€ visualization is awesome and will definitively help on the support side, but also give a better understanding of whatā€™s going on behind the scenes.

3 Likes

Hi, I currently do not have Daedalus installed on my Macbook. I deleted version 1.4 and was not going to reinstall it until there was Ledger support. Do I have to install the new version now or should I transfer everything to Yoroi as it will have Ledger support much sooner? Thank you very much.

You donā€™t have to install the new version of Daedalus now or ever. Not sure how much sooner Yoroi will work with Ledger, but thereā€™d be no harm in transferring to Y now or later. (Use import from D function in Y.)

Thank you very much.

Thank you team for your hard work and couldnā€™t wait to see exciting time ahead.

1 Like

Update went smoothly. Waiting for Shelleyā€™s birthday :wink:

I did not received any pop up when i opened my wallet. i have closed and reload it several times, still no prompt to update. Iā€™m on Mac