Cardano 2nd Anniversary AMA Contest

My Question: What are some of the key differences in successfully marketing crypto/blockchain projects that set it apart from traditional B2B or B2C marketing efforts, and how do you relate Cardano to this approach?

3 Likes
  1. 有没有来中国做宣传的计划?
  2. 怎么看待像Tron或EOS这样的竞争对手?
  3. Cardano由三个组织负责的模式成功吗?高效吗?
  4. 团队的分布和发展情况如何?

In English

1. Is there a plan to come to China for event or meet-ups?
  2. What do you think of competitors like Tron or EOS?
  3. We know 3 entities are contributing to Cardano, but is it efficient building a crypto project in this way?
  4. How’s the current team? How many people do you have? Where do they based?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello everybody,

Do ADA lending interest rate provided by some exchanges like Binance will affect the Cardano staking popularity and so the decentralisation increase speed and spider spread?

Regards,

P.S.
I apology for my weak english and my noob question.

2 Likes

Q1: What can we expect of Cardano Foundation in 2020/2021?
Q2. As a community member, how can I help Cardano Foundation?
Q3. Can we expect any partnership with big companies in near future?
Q4. I know you have a plan for issuing debit/credit cards. When can we expect to see these cards?

4 Likes

Charles, how do you foresee the Cardano Foundation and Emurgo making use of the ADA reserves they were granted in the beginning – meaning, can you explain who’s in charge of these organizations and the ADA funds; and basically how you see them functioning in the future, especially in relation with these large ADA grants(who gets to spend it, do they stake it, etc.)?

3 Likes

my question: how does Cardano want to achieve a stable price (no high volatility) for the ada cryptocurrency?

3 Likes

In the Sept 6th blog post “Taking the next step on the road to Cardano Shelley”, we are provided more details about the “Real Rewards” in phase 3 of the Shelley Testnet.

Q: How will the normal ADA Holder be allowed to participate in the “testnet staking/delegation” process?

2 Likes

CH what are your thoughts on 2nd layer scaling projects on top of Ethereum. Do you think they will offer any real competition to a 3.0 blockchain project like Cardano? For instance, projects like Matic who are trying to create a POS decentralized scaling layer for ethereum, or do you still see these efforts and Ethereum to look like a toy in comparison once Cardano is fully functioning?

Just want to hear it from you sir, thanks for your time, I hope the best.

2 Likes

Q1: How long we can sell and buy cardano on Coinbase?
Q2: do you think will we see cardano in the top 5 cryptocurrency ?

5 Likes

When it comes to sidechains on the Cardano CL, is the firewall limited to a per/sidechain basis or to all sidechains collectively?

2 Likes

How do your engineers approach chaos engineering? Specifically interested in examples of the kinds of tests you perform on the testnet. Are you only testing the properties of the protocol or do you also test the network performance? Do you do penetration testing of your nodes?

2 Likes

Does IOHK plan to address the serious TAX burden it puts onto its stake holders?

This should be considered heavily during the creation of an incentives scheme, but no one is talking about it.

Tax Implications with staking. The hidden devil.

The problem: At the end of every epic (5 days), rewards are distributed to its stake holders. Which means, every person who delegates stake to the network will receive a taxable distribution in the form of ADA. This reward will have to be tracked, reported, and taxed.

Each person has to figure out what the USD conversion of the ADA price is every 5 days just to calculate the distribution they recieved in USD. Then repeat and track this process for the entire tax year (approx 72 epics per year). Currently, there is no scientifically proven, credible standard of a website to find this information out (read: Coinbase and Binance are not reliable or open source). The price wildly fluctuates every day. This undue burden and headache will prevent mass adoption. It is a tax accountants worse nightmare. Not just for federal, but also for state taxes.

In the USA, the federal tax code does NOT allow for an average of distributions received over the course of the year. A person can not combine the total of ADA received for one year with the average yearly price to find out their tax liabilities. Each ADA distribution has to be accounted for individually.

On average, there is will be approximately 72 ADA taxable distributions per year. With the current proposed incentive scheme, even if your stake remains the same, your rewards will vary and the price will definitely be different at the end of every epic.

This would prevent anyone that does not have a sizable amount of stake from contributing to the security of the network. I know for a fact, that my Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister; each of who have less than 50,000 ADA, will not delegate till this is resolved. I am going out on a limb too say there may be others.

Charles, the Cardano community wants to know, Does IOHK plan to address the serious TAX burden it puts onto its stake holders?

Upvote if you guys agree, hit the :heart:

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Staking & Taxes

Id be interested to hear Charles (and others) thoughts about the current state of the world economy, how they see things playing out (possible financial collapse or downturn?) and the role Cardano might play as a remedy.

1 Like

Ive been following this project for a good bit and to me Atala is going to be where the rubber meets the road so to speak. Do you guys have any current plans for Atala DSL’s to promote adoption?

3 Likes
  1. Why have the prestigious academic cryptography conferences (Crypto, CCS, Euro Crypto) denied the Cardano Foundation’s research papers?

2. How do we encourage young developers to learn Haskell?

3 Likes

Hi Guys! It’s my first time on Cardano forum, so this is my first post!

First, i want to thanks to the team and congrat all for the project and the efforts made until here on this project. I believe a lot in this project.
For me, the best project on the space.
I had my own research about blockchain projects and i found Cardano this year (i’m new on the space, about 10 months). After doing my research i have no doubt that Cardano its one of the best, if not the best project i had found in the space. So, i’m very glad to joined this forum and participate in this contest.

My question is:
We know that technology never stop to grow. New technologies surges all the time and we faces a lot of challenges. Quantum Computing is one of the new technologies that has been growing and innovating. How it will affect the blockchain and what challenges this could bring for Cardano?

Thanks
Best regards

1 Like

everyone with the same thought most qualified to use credit card for the financial world and the future because everyone understands that currency exists more and as people in which helping things

1 Like

follow up question, do you have a rough time line for the Atala framework?

1 Like

Hi Charles, where are you most proud of what you achieved with cardano (so far)? And why?