Cardano [ADA] staking with Ledger Nano S and Yoroi-Shelley: Something unexpected happened. Please retry

Use adalite.io - connect Hw wallet - Method webUSB

same features as Yoroi

Use Google Chrome or Brave. Its a well known error with Firefox.

1 Like

Thank for the advices - I followed Zyroxa’s advice as I am quite fond of Yoroi.

1 Like

I am using Ledger nano X, latest release on Chrome with Yoroi extension and I am still getting the error “something unexpected happened. please retry”
Any idea on to how to fix. I payed twice as much on taxes and DHL to get it in Brazil but with Cardano and Ledger it is so very cumbersome that I am really sad to have made the investment.
Cardano does not even shows in the Ledger Live, needs a third party which is also not reliable.
Can you please help?
Otherwise is easier and perhaps more secure even continue on Binance and buy youbekey.

Regards,
Marco

U will need to update the ledger live app
U will need to install/update cardano app on ledger
Then:

• open yoroi chrome extension
  • add wallet (shelley era)
  • connect ledger

If still not working, try to connect the ledger on adalite.io (method webUSB)

This is utterly frustrating, I have exactly the same issue. I was on Chrome, I had my a Byron era wallet connected to my Nano X. So, I decided to move to Shelley but when trying to transfer directly it wouldn’t let me do it. The message was “This action is not supported for the currently selected hardware.”. So, I installed Firefox. Installed Yoroi-Shelley wallet connecting my Nano X. Transferred the funds from the Byron address to the Shelly address and guess what happen? This: “Something unexpected happened. Please retry.”

Is Cardano, Emurgo or whoever should deal with such an issue (and we are not the only once as on reddit and other forums is full of complaint about this issue) interested to sort it out?
I do not want to use Adelite. I want to use Yoroi. Please, I’m begging you, please stop pushing everybody to Adelite. That shouldn’t be, and cannot be, the solution.

Resolution anyone? I have same issue as others on this thread… when trying to delegate with Yoroi… “something unexpected happened. Please retry”.

Browser: Chrome 92.0.4515.131
Yoroi version: 4.6.100
Ledger Nano X: Firmware version 1.3.0
Cardano app version: 2.4.1

Try to uninstall and reinstall the yoroi app (if your ADA are on trezor) and restore the wallet
If still not working then u can use adalite.io for delegating and transactions

Update. I also tried to switch my stake pool using Daedalus… different error, but in the end the same result… the inability to switch stake pools.

Ok… fixed my issue when attempting to change my stake pool using Daedalus. My ledger device was already plugged in when I was attempting to change my stake pool. Each time it got to step 3, it was stating “Transaction confirmation failed” (as seen in the previous screen capture).

So, I unplugged my Ledger device and tried to change pools again. This time when I arrived at step 3, it prompted me to plug in my Ledger (which I did) and then followed the prompts. Everything then worked as expected.

Is this the same issue we were experiencing with Yoroi? Can someone having the issue with Yoroi attempt to delegate (or change their staking pool) by starting out with the Ledger/Trezor unplugged to see if it resolves the issue?