Cardano [ADA] staking with Ledger Nano S and Yoroi-Shelley: Something unexpected happened. Please retry

Hi there :slight_smile:

I’m using the Yoroi-Shelley Ledger Wallet together with my Ledger Nano S with Chrome. Every time I want to Delegate coins to a pool, I’m getting an error which says ’ Something unexpected happened. Please retry.’. This happens right after the plugin want’s to connect to my Ledger and I clicked the right button on Step 1 in the process. I’m using version 2.0.4 and the latest Yoroi Chrome extension. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks, Phil

Hey @Philipp_Pendelin welcome to the forum!

I’m pretty sure that you are missing an update from the Cardano app on your Ledger device.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Ledger Live and the latest update from the Cardano app on your device.

Cheers
Fabian

Hey @Zyroxa, thanks a lot for your quick response :slight_smile:

From my point of view I have the latest versions installed (ADA 2.0.4). Also my Ledger firmware is up to date (Nano S 1.6.1).

Thanks, Phil

Does the same thing also happen on Adalite.io?

If yes you may want to join the offical Discord channel and ask Sebastien for support in the Yoroi-support channel.

Cheers
Fabian

Yes - unfortunately but with a different error: Transaction rejected while signing: Ledger device: General error 0x6e06. Please consult https://github.com/cardano-foundation/ledger-app-cardano/blob/master/src/errors.h

I just ordered a Nano X - hopefully this makes things better :slight_smile: Thanks again for your help.

Makes imo no sense.

Imo before you purchase another Ledger device double check for the recent updates from :

• Ledger Live
  • Firmware from your Ledger device
  • uninstall and reinstall your Cardano app on your device

Cheers
Fabian

HI Philipp, did you fix your issue with Yoroi wallet? I get the same error…?

Do you use the most recent version of the Cardano app on your Ledger? If yes and its still not working try to use Adalite.io in the meantime.

Cheers
Fabian

Ledger only has 1.1.1 Cardano Firmware. I can not find any resource that says Ledger should have 2.1.1…?

OK - Finally found that Ledger needed to be updated, not just Cardano App. The entire system had to be updated…

2 Likes

Hi i’m having this issue as well. Ledger Nano X. Yoroi wallet. I just installed the ledger, firmware is up to date. just downloaded the cardano app on ledger, it’s up to date. When I select delegate, I get this same error. Something unexpected happened. I’ve been trying on and off for the past couple hours. Any ideas?

What browser are you using?

Using Chrome. it’s also current on updates.

Currently using latest Cardano Ledger App 2.3.2. Ledger Firmware 2.0.0

Error when sending coins or restore wallet from Yoroi (latest version) on Chrome Browser.

“SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED. PLEASE RETRY”

Now this is severely annoying, why on earth would a content update restrict client from sending coins?

This is major flaw that needs to be fixed ASAP. No other client restricts this based on software version, why is it the case with Yoroi / Ledger? Why are basic functions disabled?

I have the latest updates on everything. Bug is with the Yoroi software not my system. Adalite.io works flawless.
error

following back up: I’m in Chrome, which is up to date. And the current on both ledger and and firmware (cardano 2.3.2 & Nano X Firmware 1.3.0). Any ideas here? appreciate it. thanks.

Imo id try to use adalite.io

not really sure whats the issue here.

hii, so i have a similar problem using the ledger nano s and yoroi wallet, i get the same error message when trying to delegate or while trying to send funds. is there any way to solve this, ty, phil

I have the same problem, help us please!

Yes, use adalite.io - connect via webUSB

or u can try with another browser. Which browser are u using now?

Nano S - 2.0.0 - Cardano app 2.4.1 - with latest Yoroi on Firefox (8 July update).

Cannot delegate and get the same “something unexpected…” message.

Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated!