Progress has been made within Project Catalyst where a dedicated documentation resource has been started (docs.projectcatalyst.io) to document the important processes, policies and high level information about the funding process. This documentation better enables the community to become well informed on how to effectively participate in the Catalyst funding process.
Currently there is still a lack of aggregated ecosystem information for voters to consider when making their own informed decision on which initiatives to support. A resource that helps to bring together this information could be a useful way to record the different sources of information that exist and how they can be useful for voters.
Some resources exist in the ecosystem that can help with learning about the ecosystem itself such as Essential Cardano. However these resources are still limited in scope and do not fully inform the voters of all the resources that exist or provide all of the relevant information for Catalyst voters to consider when making their own decisions. The creation of an aggregated list of resources will be a good first step forward to better understand what sources of knowledge exist at the moment and what areas of knowledge could be further improved or introduced. The more informed voters are the more accurate and effective their decision making can become.
- Lack of awareness of all relevant resources - Voters currently are not actively encouraged to view different resources that might be useful for making more informed voting decisions. Currently the funding process is reliant on the voters finding all of these resources themselves and understanding why they might be useful for improving their decision making.
- Identifying what resources are missing - There are no currently efforts that help with identifying which resources currently exist and which resources need to be created to help with improving the knowledge that is available in the ecosystem and more specifically for helping improve the Catalyst funding process. Making it more well known which areas of information are lacking can help with inspiring the suggestion of new solutions to tackle those problem areas which can eventually lead to improving future voting decisions.
- Uninformed voters - Voters that are not aware of resources that can help them improve their decision making would not be as informed as they could be when making important voting decisions on where to disburse treasury assets. This could easily lead to poorly allocated funds to less impactful initiatives.
- Overly time consuming for voters - Making a list of knowledge resources can help the voters become more informed when making decisions. This will be useful for making it more apparent on how complex the voting process is and how much time would be needed to be well informed when participating. Understanding how complex and time consuming this information would be for voters to find and digest this important knowledge can be an important step in identifying potential improvements to how existing knowledge sources are improved so they become quicker and easier to read and understand. The faster it is for voters to go through important and useful information the more scalable the voting process can become.
Suggestion option #1 - Create a voter documentation section with all the resources
The current approach to the docs.projectcatalyst.io website could be extended to create a dedicated set of resources for voters. One suggestion could be to add a voters.projectcatalyst.io GitBook resource that will host all of the information needed for a voter to participate in the process along with any recommendations. A resource can then be added to this documentation that lists all of the useful knowledge resources that exist in the ecosystem that would help voters become more informed about what is happening and what initiatives might be the most promising to support in future funding rounds. Beyond this list it could also be useful to make a public document that outlines which areas of knowledge are currently lacking that could be useful to create in the future to make voters more well informed. This document could help with inspiring future initiatives to emerge that could help with addressing any of the knowledge gaps that exist in the ecosystem.
Suggestion option #2 - Have another suggestion
Provide your suggestion and any rationale in the comments below.
Suggestion option #3 - Disagree, this is not needed
There is no need for a knowledge resource that brings together useful information for voters. Provide any rationale in the comments below.
- #1 - Create a voter documentation section with a list of relevant resources
- #2 - Have another suggestion
- #3 - Disagree, this is not needed
- https://disbursement.treasuries.co/knowledge/adoption-of-knowledge-systems - Outlines the importance of knowledge systems and the potential advantages and concerns of adopting knowledge systems to help with disbursement.
- https://disbursement.treasuries.co/disbursement-process/disbursement-operating-process - Covers the importance of knowledge for the disbursement process.