Hello there, beautiful soul!
Hope this message finds you well.
And that’s it - the first part of the Community Review is now concluded and preparation for the second is underway. There isn’t anything to do for Proposers at the moment - other than to go out there and communicate their ideas with the community.
What’s next? Moderation of reviews is set to begin next week on Thursday and data is being prepped at the moment. All eligible moderators - level 2 community reviewers - will receive a notification email over the course of the next days to notify them of the possibility to participate. There are about 200 eligible individuals who are meeting the thresholds criteria.
What’s the TLDR from the recent town hall? We started with great vibes delivered by Alex from LATAM community that introduced their local IdeaFest, then Simon talked about the recent project outcome from DirectEd Development Foundation. The audience also enjoyed a presentation by Darlington about the latest updates and features on the LidoNation Catalyst Explorer tool.
What’s the latest? Let’s dive right in.
Town Hall #137
Next: TH #138 on Aug 9 at 5PM UTC. Register now via this recurring link.
Community Review stage progress
The first part of the Community Review concluded on Aug 3. All of the data will then go through the moderation check open until Aug 17. Once everything is finalized - come the second half of August, this information is released and ultimately it will be forwarded to the voting interface. There is no proposer flagging period as available in the previous funding rounds amid changes to the review stage as a whole in Fund10. Curious to see what moderator duties are like? Check out this gitbook page for more details.
601st Completed Project
This week, Project Catalyst has recorded its 601st completed project! This is an amazing testament to all the ecosystem participants. To review all projects, active or completed - check out projectcatalyst.io/funds and explore it all. You can also leverage community tooling such as lidonation.com/catalyst to slice and dice it in more ways as well. You can retweet this milestone here.
Team talks Catalyst
What did we talk about? Fund10 changes, Catalyst tech stack & testnet, voting transparency, incentives, statement of milestones, and more. Further, Pete is now running a series of Catalyst Sprints highlighting projects during all of this month and into the voting period. Make sure to catch these live streams here.
Voter registration is underway. As always, feel free to bookmark the Catalyst Knowledge base via docs.projectcatalyst.io to keep an eye on the latest. The voter registration section is linked here. The snapshot is expected to take place on August 18th at 9PM UTC. Monitor when your wallet is ready for registration and under what terms via this page.
Weekly GitHub Repo Round Up
Here’s the update from technical side of Catalyst last week:
- Completed another QA dry run for the voting app. Continued refining process alignment changes, and successfully tested API rate limiter. Discussed how to improve error handling in the application
- Prepared initial Fund10 data for the next internal dry run
- Deployed a new snapshot module to the dev environment. Working on fixes to the continuous snapshot service and rewards eligibility checker before releasing to the community
- Refactored script being used to extract registration metrics from snapshot service to include timestamps for easier reporting on change over time
- Worked on integrating snapshot data into the continuous deployment framework
- Worked on bug fixes for the new IdeaScale importer
- Started testing for new community reviews calculator and new fields in vit-ss
- Aligned on approach for handling stageID changes in each fund within the auto deployment framework
- Discussed pointing app to official project Catalyst website for full proposal details rather than Ideascale
- Continued manual testing of the moderation module
- Started load testing the voting node, including run that sustained 800 tps over 1 million votes cast on local machine
- Continued working on community documentation for new auditing tools
For full access please review:
Get in touch
Enjoy your day ahead!
Community at Project Catalyst
Note: References in this newsletter to the 3rd party projects, products, and services are provided for information purposes only and are not endorsements. Everyone should carry out their own investigations before relying on the information provided in this newsletter.