Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
Messari published the State of Cardano Report for Q2 2023, written by Red Sheehan. The report includes numerous exciting highlights, such as:
- Average daily DApp transactions were up 49% Quarter over Quarter (QoQ). Minswap overtook the NFT marketplace jpg.store as the most popular Cardano DApp.
- Cardano’s Total Value Locked (TVL) in USD is up 9.6% QoQ and 198.6% YTD. The increase is admirable in the face of ADA’s price decline.
- Daily active addresses continue to decline in Q2, down 4.0% QoQ from 60,200 to 57,800.
- Cardano’s treasury grows steadily and now has a balance of 1.30 billion ADA.
- Active stake decreased 7.7% QoQ to 22.7 billion ADA, the lowest in a year.
If you want to read the full report, follow this link.
Mithril, a stake-based multisignature scheme, is now live and available on mainnet. First certificates and snapshots have been produced, and many SPOs are curious about how to get involved.
So, what’s Mithril all about? It’s a groundbreaking stake-based signature scheme and protocol designed to supercharge the speed and efficiency of nodes’ syncing times. With Mithril in action, node syncing will be faster and more efficient than ever, bringing a new level of security and decentralized decision-making to the community.
Look at the improved Mithril diagram from Mike Hornan on the Cardano Forum to better understand how the protocol works.
This year’s Cardano Summit 2023 initial speaker list has now been announced! For those attending Dubai in person, tuning in from at home or participating in one of the many community-led events around the globe, you’ll be spoilt for choice as a number of big names in the Cardano community take the stage to discuss a plethora of exciting topics.
The Cardano Foundation’s very own CEO, Frederik Gregaard, IOG CEO and Co-Founder Charles Hoskinson in addition to EMURGO Founder and CEO Ken Kodama will be just some of the big names taking the stage.
We will also have a number of other amazing speakers from the Cardano Foundation and EMURGO, in addition to key figures from within the Cardano community, the Dubai ecosystem and beyond. You definitely won’t want to miss what we have in store for you at this year’s Cardano Summit 2023 in Dubai.
Please see here, for a full list of the speakers. For those who haven’t purchased your tickets yet, you may do so here.
Don’t forget, this is only an initial list of speakers. If you’re keen on sharing your insights and experiences at any of our community-led event locations, we would love to hear from you. Simply visit the summit website and click on ‘Contact Us’ to get in touch with us.
We look forward to welcoming you in-person and virtually!
- Eternl wallet has undergone major updates, which caused some issues, but the team is working hard on fixing them. Source
- USDC was bridged successfully from Arbitrum to Cardano using the Wanchain bridge. Source
- Cardano Ambassador Tien Nguyen Anh co-hosted a fantastic Cardano meetup in Hanoi. Source
- Project Catalyst Fund 10 community review stage is concluded. Moderation of reviews is set to begin on August 10. Remember to register to vote before August 18. Source
- New Developer Spotlight interview with Session from DEMU. Source
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- Did you know? There is over 45 MILLION ADA delegated to retired stake pools. Check your delegations, and make sure you are not part of dead stake!
- Raising awareness for the Spectrum Finance ISPO for Cardano & what it is
- The first USDT has been bridged from Tron to the Cardano mainnet!
- Cardano reserve depletes more slowly than expected (article)
- Explaining “World Mobile” Like You’re Five
- A quick video on how loans work on Lenfi(aada)
- Charles responding to the FUD about Meld leaving Cardano
- 15 days left to (re)register to vote for Fund10 - Aug 18, 9PM UTC
- Understanding Mithril (article)
- Cardano Node 8.2.0-pre - Advancements in the Conway Ledger Era and Improved Operational Flexibility
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
- List of proposers & proposals who have demonstrated their ability in Cardano🎉
- Understanding slot battles
- What is USDM stablecoin on Cardano
- The First Cardano Meetup In Wales
- Catalyst Weekly #86 - Town Hall #137 - 14 days left to register to vote
- Cardano ADA: El Debate sobre Valores y el Panorama Regulatorio
- 2023年7月ホルダー推移🎉 - 過去数年見てもかなり幅広いレンジで増加しています👌
- Jul 27, 2023 Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state
- Cardano Over Coffee Weekly Recap July 24 - 27th
Other meetups around the world:
|* 28 June 2023||Pacific Town Hall - June 14 and June 28, 2023 More Info|
|* 1 July 2023||Cardano CIP-1694 Community Workshop (Nalerigu-Ghana) More Info|
|* 9 July 2023||Cardano Campus Meetup Edition 5 in Ghana. More Info|
|* 19 July 2023||UZH + Cardano Foundation meetup. More Info|
|* 26 July 2023||Cardano Blockchain Meetup in Hanoi, Vietnam. More Info|
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
Bi-weekly CIP Editor Meeting Summary:
This week, @RyanW gives us a glimpse of the most pressing matters:
- CIP-0030 & CIP-1694 Updates: Significant changes have been proposed, emphasizing clarity in namespacing and semantic adjustments post the Edinburgh workshop.
- Triage Discussions: Several new proposals, like the “Distributed Artifact Tokens Metadata Standard” and “Proof of Onboarding,” were keenly debated. Discussions revolved around clarifications, versioning, and next steps.
- Review Highlights: CIP-0013 received unanimous support and was merged, while CIP-0068 sparked conversations on image types and URI descriptions. Several other proposals were reviewed and discussed in detail.
- Upcoming Meeting Alert: Mark your calendars for the CIP Editors Meeting #71 on August 15th, 4 pm UTC, hosted on our Discord channel. The agenda is still in the works.
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please visit the Forum.
Below you will discover a selection of Catalyst proposals originating from various community members, which have piqued our interest. Please note that by featuring these proposals in our Community Digest, we are not expressing explicit support for any single proposal. We strongly encourage each voter to conduct their own due diligence before making any voting decisions.
Proposal #1: Cardano developer club in Universities
We aim to establish an open blockchain club at the University, where both professors and students can engage in creating foundational and advanced labs and facilitating various other activities. Read More
Proposal #2: AdaStat.net - Open Source Cardano Blockchain Explorer
Explorers are an important part of every blockchain ecosystem. Cardano is no exception. At the moment, there are no open-source explorers that support all the Cardano features. Moreover, there is only one open-source Cardano explorer - very old explorer developed by IOG, which has not been updated for a long time and does not have support for the newest Cardano features at all. Our team has already developed the AdaStat.net Cardano Explorer that supports all the Cardano features like blocks, transactions, epochs, accounts, Byron and Shelley addresses, pools, tokens, and many other. But at the moment AdaStat is not open-source. And now we want to make AdaStat fully open source. Read More
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- Maestro Dapp Platform: Blockchain indexer, APIs and event management system for the Cardano blockchain.
- Pallas: Rust-native building blocks for the Cardano blockchain ecosystem.
- Plutonomicon: A developer-driven guide to the Plutus smart contract language in practice.
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!