CNTOOLS Balance mismatch, transaction not included in latest block... waiting for next block!

I have this issue with cntools-funds-send. What’s your thought?

1 Like

the network is congested… try this way:

• perform the transaction in hybrid mode not online… then start cntools offline and sign the transaction, then start the cntools online (normal) and submit the transaction… this way should work
1 Like

I did it, now lets see if it goes well.

may I ask you way it should work in this way?

It work!
Alex you are great, thx again.

You are welcome, this way it will just submit the transaction on blockchain and it will not verify anything as long u signed the transaction before

Ok I understand now.

This is what Alex suggested and it works great:

try to create the transaction in hybrid mode… then start the cntools in offline mode (./cntools.sh -o) and sign the transaction… then start the cntools normally and submit the transaction

What if this is the message received if you try to retire the pool?

try to follow the WA provided above

So I’m not sure I understand the workaround for retiring the pool and if this is different enough I can start a new thread; let me know.

If I use CNTools to retire a pool, I receive the exact message as @Criss_Crisbul “WARN: Balance mismatch, transaction not included in latest block… waiting for next block!”

So if I back out now it seems like selecting retire > hybrid > “WARN: No pools available that can be selected”

ok, what is the ticker? perhaps the transaction already sent to the blockchain

it was [CALY]

ok, it looks like u retired the pool in cntools the pool.cert was deleted/replaced… now u must wait for the transaction to be send to the blockchain… or if u have a backup of the file (pool.cert) copy back on server and try with offline/hybrid mode… thanks.

Is there a risk of waiting and the transaction never being sent? What if the designated next retire epoch passes and still no successful transaction?

do u have the old pool.cert file?

I might, it would be under /opt/cardano/cnode/priv/
or could it be some place else? from backups?

under priv/pool/…/

I don’t think so. I can find the following:
cold.counter
cold.skey
cold.vkey
hot.skey
hot.vkey
kes.start
op.cert
pool.config
pool.dereg
pool.id
pool.id-bench32
poolmta.json
vrf.skey
vrf.vkey

This is because u already created the deregistration certificate

we can create another pool.cert and then try offline… wait 5 min to give u the commands

go to pool folder (priv/pool/…/)

And type (replace FOLDER_NAME and WALLET_FOLDER_NAME)

cardano-cli stake-pool registration-certificate \
    --cold-verification-key-file /opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/POOL_FOLDER_NAME/cold.vkey \
    --vrf-verification-key-file /opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/POOL_FOLDER_NAME/vrf.vkey \
    --pool-pledge 720000000 \
    --pool-cost 340000000 \
    --pool-margin 0 \
    --pool-reward-account-verification-key-file /opt/cardano/cnode/priv/wallet/WALLET_FOLDER_NAME/stake.vkey \
    --pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file /opt/cardano/cnode/priv/wallet/WALLET_FOLDER_NAME/stake.vkey \
    --mainnet \
    --single-host-pool-relay 207.244.248.254 \
    --pool-relay-port 6000 \
    --metadata-url https://calypsocrypto.com/metadata.json \
    --metadata-hash 61f46eb9b1aa7af834edcb1adacdb5a081c9598ee42fa8009181eeeca3b2bf06 \
    --out-file pool.cert

Alright, done. I’ve got the pool.cert file under opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/…

But now I’m a bit nervous going back to CNTools to retire… Should I try using Hybrid or you saying I should try Offline?