Confused about Yoroi and Ledger Nano S

Hi

I’m new to using Yoroi and Ledger Nano S, so I’m still finding my way.

I’ve withdrawn ADA from Binance to Yoroi. The amount shows up in my Yoroi Chrome app, but when I open Ledger Live, it only shows my BTC account.

Is my ADA in the Ledger Nano S?
Do I have to add the Cardano account in Ledger Live for it to show in the Nano S?

I’d really appreciate some help. I haven’t been able to find the answers online.

In yoroi wallet near wallet name do u see ledger word? If not it means is just a simple wallet

Also ada is not supported on ledger live, you will need to download cardano app (on ledger)

Thanks for your answer, Alex.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘ledger word’. Near my wallet name it says “Shelley - Ledger Wallet”. Does that help?

I understand that ADA isn’t supported on Ledger, so I downloaded Yoroi for the Cardano app. What I’m not understanding is how the Nano S, Yoroi, and Ledger Live work together. That’s why I’m not sure if the ADA I withdrew from Binance is in my wallet or somewhere online in Yoroi’s wallet.

Hope you can shed some light. :slightly_smiling_face:

Your ADA or my ADA are stored on blockchain… ledger or daedalus or yoroi is just a way to access them…

To be sure that the ledger is fine connect it on adalite.io - hw - method webUSB… and if u see the right balance then is fine

Yes, I think I’ve got that part right. The ledger or daedalus or yoroi wallets just hold my keys. The actual ADA transactions are on blockchain.

My understanding is that if I connect adalite to my ledger, I’d have to delete the yoroi app. I only have a Nano S, so not enough room to hold many apps. Is that right?

Also I don’t know what you mean by method webUSB. My apologies for not understanding the terms. I haven’t researched adalite.

My understanding is that if I connect adalite to my ledger, I’d have to delete the yoroi app. I only have a Nano S, so not enough room to hold many apps. Is that right?

Nope, the adalite.io is web based you don’t need to install/uninstall anything

Also I don’t know what you mean by method webUSB. My apologies for not understanding the terms. I haven’t researched adalite.

Cardano is not yet supported by the Ledger Live software - thus it cannot display your Cardano accounts.

However (for now) all you need is just the Cardano App on your Nano S and AdaLite.

Thanks Alex. You’ve been very helpful. I’ll give this a go when I get a chance. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Pool. I’ve been using Yoroi instead of AdaLite. I guess they work the same way though.

1 Like

~~Tried recovering my hw wallet account with yoroi multiple times, won’t connect with adalite.io either. Here’s the screenshot I get, I used webUSB method to try to connect, ~~I have the cardano app open on ledger S, usb connected, ledger live open.

Wanting to participate in sundaeswap ISO, any help is greatly appreciated.

*edit: I needed to select the ledger device and click connect to continue through process, that selection and confirmation on PC was automatically when working with Ethereum-based interactions, wish there was description of needing to click those in any of the documentation.

nvm I got it connected with adalite.io, didn’t realize the pop-up required my input every time I’ve seen a popup like that before it runs through the popup automatically.

Got things working through Yoroi, cardano app interactions with ledger very different from Ethereum-based interactions, wish there was info about clicking both and having to click through multiple pop-up windows, thanks for listening all.

1 Like

I have a question that feels like it fits in this thread. I’m set up with a ledger nano S and Yoroi but lately Yoroi has not been doing what I want it to do.
I want to transfer to ccvault but I’m unsure as to whether I should create a new wallet on CCvault and send funds from the ledger or just connect the hardware wallet in the CCVault app, I’m concerned that if I connect ccvault now that my keys from yoroi will be erased and my ADA will be lost.
It should be noted that I’ve tried a few times to transfer from my ledger wallet to a new wallet in CCVault but I keep getting a “Ledger hardware timeout” error. This has happened several times with no success.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi,

The funds are stored on blockchain secured by ledger, so if u will want to use any other wallet just pair/connect the ledger and u will see the same wallet from yoroi

Cheers,

No need to send funds. You just connect the hardware wallet with another app.

Your Ada will not be lost because of that. The wallet consists of information stored on the Cardano blockchain. Your Ledger (for other people their seed phrase) is the key to see and use that wallet. Wallet apps just do that work, use the Ledger/seed to view and do transactions with the wallet on the blockchain.

It’s like with browsers: If you use another browser to view your Twitter, Facebook or this forum, you just login on that other browser, give it your credentials, but your account is not lost on the first browser, you can always return to that first browser.