Confused about Yoroi and Ledger Nano S

Hi

I’m new to using Yoroi and Ledger Nano S, so I’m still finding my way.

I’ve withdrawn ADA from Binance to Yoroi. The amount shows up in my Yoroi Chrome app, but when I open Ledger Live, it only shows my BTC account.

Is my ADA in the Ledger Nano S?
Do I have to add the Cardano account in Ledger Live for it to show in the Nano S?

I’d really appreciate some help. I haven’t been able to find the answers online.

In yoroi wallet near wallet name do u see ledger word? If not it means is just a simple wallet

Also ada is not supported on ledger live, you will need to download cardano app (on ledger)

Thanks for your answer, Alex.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘ledger word’. Near my wallet name it says “Shelley - Ledger Wallet”. Does that help?

I understand that ADA isn’t supported on Ledger, so I downloaded Yoroi for the Cardano app. What I’m not understanding is how the Nano S, Yoroi, and Ledger Live work together. That’s why I’m not sure if the ADA I withdrew from Binance is in my wallet or somewhere online in Yoroi’s wallet.

Hope you can shed some light. :slightly_smiling_face:

Your ADA or my ADA are stored on blockchain… ledger or daedalus or yoroi is just a way to access them…

To be sure that the ledger is fine connect it on adalite.io - hw - method webUSB… and if u see the right balance then is fine

Yes, I think I’ve got that part right. The ledger or daedalus or yoroi wallets just hold my keys. The actual ADA transactions are on blockchain.

My understanding is that if I connect adalite to my ledger, I’d have to delete the yoroi app. I only have a Nano S, so not enough room to hold many apps. Is that right?

Also I don’t know what you mean by method webUSB. My apologies for not understanding the terms. I haven’t researched adalite.

My understanding is that if I connect adalite to my ledger, I’d have to delete the yoroi app. I only have a Nano S, so not enough room to hold many apps. Is that right?

Nope, the adalite.io is web based you don’t need to install/uninstall anything

Also I don’t know what you mean by method webUSB. My apologies for not understanding the terms. I haven’t researched adalite.

Cardano is not yet supported by the Ledger Live software - thus it cannot display your Cardano accounts.

However (for now) all you need is just the Cardano App on your Nano S and AdaLite.

Thanks Alex. You’ve been very helpful. I’ll give this a go when I get a chance. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Pool. I’ve been using Yoroi instead of AdaLite. I guess they work the same way though.

1 Like