Create transaction without full node

Hi,

I have tried to find some information on creating transactions using keys I generated with cardano-cli but no luck so far: what I am trying to do is sign and submit a transaction without having a full node. I shut down and removed my full node in the cloud but still have the keys I generated and can’t find any information on using the private keys with another wallet to create a transaction.

Ideally I would just import the private keys and create a transaction with Yoroi or the desktop wallet (there is an import function but does not appear to support keys created by cardano-cli).

Can anyone help out? I just want to transafer ADA from A to B but it’s so complex and I hope does not require a full node, otherwise I have to go through all that again just for a simple transaction!

Thanks very much,

Hi,

You will need a full synced node :frowning:
If u will use cntools shiuld be easy for u since the cntools is a friendly interface for performing transactions

Cheers,

1 Like

Wallet apps can just handle wallets, whole families of key pairs derived from a seed phrase. They cannot handle the single random key pairs created by cardano-cli.

It might be possible to create, sign, and submit a transaction with cardano-serialization-lib and blockfrost.io, but that will at least require some programming.

So, if you are not into that, starting up a node again, is probably the easiest way.

If you have Daedalus, you can use the node running inside it and do not have to install another one.

1 Like

You can create a transaction with cardano-cli transaction build-raw without using a cardano-node, and you can submit a transaction to a submit-api endpoint, you don’t need to run a full node.
You can find a submit-api URL on my stake pool’s website, or many on the FreeLoaderz.io website.

1 Like

Ah, yes, true. You need to replace the steps of finding the UTxOs and calculating the fees in the usual guides, though. These need a running node.

Are you aware of a good guide?

2 Likes

You can see the UTxOs using a transaction explorer.
You don’t need a node for cardano-cli transaction calculate-min-fee, you actually don’t even need to calculate the minimum fee, you just set the fee to 200000 lovelace and that should cover the fee for almost any normal transaction.

3 Likes

What about creating a wallet? Can I do it without a full node?
It doesn’t seem like so from the official documentation at Exploring Cardano wallets | Cardano Developer Portal

Of course you can create a wallet without a node. You just need the cardano-cli and cardano-address commands. Extract the keys from the mnemonic for a Cardano wallet · GitHub