Daedalus 3.1 update Ledger problems

I’ve just updated from 3.0 to 3.1 and the release notes describe improved ledger support.
However, after completion the Ledger Nano S wallet asks me to set a spending password.

You don’t need a password for ledger. That’s the whole point of it.
Also, if I attempt to add a spending password I just get the error message…

‘Password needs to be at least 10 characters long’

So I cannot access the wallet or set a password.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Maximus58 just wondering if you have resolved the issue? I have downloaded the latest version 3.3.0 and I’m having the same issue. It’s asking me to set a spending password for my ledger s but everytime I try and set one it tells me incorrect wallet password

Hello JusMon,

Yes - all resolved and I didn’t lose my ADA.
I contacted IOHK and they spent a while analysing the problem and took me through the steps to correct the problem. Can I suggest you do the same…they were brilliant.

This is what I had to do:

1. Delete the State Directory. You find this through the Daedalus wallet under settings I believe (You can find instructions on IOHK website)
  2. Then reinstall Daedalus 3.3.0 from official website.
  3. Then use your 24 seed words to reinstall your wallet
  4. Then pare your ledger device .

Good luck. Just check with IOHK that it will be OKAY. Daedalus is very robust so don’t worry…you won’t lose your ADA.

The problem was Mcafee. It decided the upgrade was a virus and put it in quarantine. I always stop the antivirus when I upgrade now.

Thankyou so much for your reply.
I also run McAfee so that may be my issue.
When I re install daedulus do i enter my ledger recovery seed phrase? As I have 2 wallets but my wallet holding my Ada is on my ledger paired to daedulus.
Thankyou so much again I have been trying to resolve this issue for hours on end now.

Hi
No…
.You dont need your ledger seeds. After reinstalling daedalus you just pare your device again using Add Wallet.

Lock your ledger seeds away. Dont ever use them or let anyone see them. They’re only used if you lose your ledger and buy a new one.

Send an email to IOHK if you’re worried. They are very helpful.

Cheers