Daedalus infurating to use on OSX

I got it solved on MBP by killing the daedalus wallet daemon from the Activity Monitor and then starting Daedalus. I had the “connecting to network” problem.

I have only Daedalus and Daedalus Helper as processes. I killed Daedalus and reopened it but nothing…

1. Could you check your system time at the terminal:
sudo ntpdate -u 0.pool.ntp.org
Password:
16 Dec 10:07:51 ntpdate[885]: adjust time server 162.210.111.4 offset 0.011137 sec

My system was off by 0.011137 sec
I like it down to 0.00 so I ran the command again, result:

16 Dec 10:09:26 ntpdate[887]: adjust time server 162.210.111.4 offset -0.005946 sec

Perfect off by -0.005946 sec

1. Then you should head over to:
/Users/<YOUR-NAME>/Library/Application Support/

Inside that folder you will see a “Daedalus” folder, rename it "Daedalus_old"
Then fire up your Daedalus app once more and let it sync.

Let me know your results.

Cheers,
Jonathan

OMG! It worked! Thank you so much!

EDIT: I entered language and I accepted the terms (I wasn’t able to do these before), but after that it stacks to “Connecting to network…” again…

Okay, could you shutdown the app and run time sync again until you get to 0.00
Then start Daedalus again

I would PM you but I do not see that option in this forum.

Hello. Thanks for helping.

I made it offset -0.000335 sec, I renamed folder to daedalus_old2 and I rerun the wallet but the “connecting to network…” is still there.

So I can get an idea of how far along you are in syncing could you get the size of your “Daedalus” folder in:
Finder > Go > Go to Folder

/Users/<USER-NAME>/Library/Application Support/

This is what I’m returned in “General”

1,143,309,912 bytes (3.83 GB on disk) for 728,654 items

I know you have the latest update but could you check daedaluswallet.io

One more thing are you on IPv6 or v4?
I have found that turning off IPv6 on WiFi really helps.
10.10.3 or above:

networksetup -setv6off “Wi-Fi”

10.7.x – 10.11.x

networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

You can get all the command help with:

networksetup -help

I am now having this issue for the first time and I’ve been using Daedalus on my mac for weeks. I upgraded to the new wallet several days ago and have opened multiple times without issue. Now today all I get is “connecting to network”…frustrating.

Hello all,

Daedalus is not even launching in my machine.
Specs are:
20 -inch iMac (mid 2007) 2.4Ghs Core 2 Duo. 4Gig ram. OS 10.11.6 Capitan

I know it is an old machine and maybe that is the issue.

Thanks for the help

What node version are you running, from terminal?

node -v

Electron, what Daedalus is built on, should take care of any requirements but I have seen some hiccups before.
You should have >= Node: 7.9.0 If not, note some commands take a long time to complete:

1. Clear force npm cache
sudo npm cache clean -f 
  1. Install n
sudo npm install -g n
  1. Install latest stable version
sudo n stable
  1. Verify upgrade
node -v

You should reboot your machine setting the node world right once more.

Let me know your results.

FYI I had the same “Connecting to network” issues and narrowed it down to my ISP (AT&T UVerse). They appear to be blocking something on the network that prevents the blockchain from syncing down. Changing internet connections fixed it (my mobile hotspot started syncing immediately).

1 Like

When I connect to my mobile hotspot connection I could be Syn. But I don’t think it is not a good solution for us. Do you know other solutions?

It does not work for me. Is there another problems where we could find first?
Does our Router or ISP block those UDP connections/syn?

You should not be blocked, most do not anyway.
What specific point are you stuck at?
Also what OS version are you running?

My Mac OS X version is 10.11.6 (15G1217) - El Capitain with latest Deadalus 1.0.3619. I also udpate Node Software as you wrote here above and

Open a terminal.
cd ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/Wallet-1.0
rm open.lock

And also uninstall the Wallet with Apple AppCleaner Software and restart macbook. Delete All Cache etc… with OnyX Software. Reboot my internet Router.

Re-installed the wallet. But still the same. Connectng to network…

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Salai.

Great, sending you a PM now.

1 Like

Hi is there a fix for the wallet not connecting to ATT (uverse) network? I am also experiencing the same issues as Salai and MArkoshust.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I sent you a PM, check your box.

@cryptoken1
Yes, I could not solve yet the problems even after updating latest mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88) and Daedalus wallet latest version.
I still got the same problems as before.

Can any admin help me please? I have transferred Ada from binance a few days ago and it was completed after a few mins but it is still not inside the wallet. The wallet has been synced several times to 100% but it doesn’t show the ballance but when I search my address on the website the amount for the address is correct. But why doesn’t show it inside the wallet? I have some Ada inside the wallet from previous transactions.