I just joined. Checked #education section but saw some posts there which were quite old - from 2017 or 2018.
Watched @bitboy_crypto on Youtube - Interview of Charles H. Used Ben’s links to find Cardano Foundation website, then links to Daedalus (wallet).
- Installed Daedalus 3.3.2 - 2 nights ago, had some problem with installation.
- After install, it was on my desktop. After opening it, it gave me an error message, 2 applications are open, to close one. I couldn’t find where they were open.
- In Menu of my PC, I saw latest download and clicked on it. Then I was able to login, password, 24 words etc. It was syncing to the blockchain… took a long time. I left it.
- I couldn’t find it tonight. Went to Menu again, click, “Pin to Start” and then it had same message, 2 applications are open. Removed Pin to start. Pin to Taskbar.
- Somehow I saw one in the taskbar, it’s now verifying the blockchain 99.9%.
Why is this happening? 2 applications open? I couldn’t see where the 2nd one was.
- I’ve used Exodus before, it’s very easy compared to Daedalus.
- Will buy Ledger or other hardware wallet soon. Sent Ledger XS back to Amazon, not enough storage space for my coins. Heard about Ledger being hacked.
- I had 15,000 ADA before, sold 7,000 by mistake due to FUD.
- Bought new batch over 4,000 ADA, thinking of staking as I hear ADA has good future. But I see some questions about problems with people’s ADA in Daedalus transferred from staking pool but not found in their wallet etc. I don’t want to lose my ADA… is it safe to keep it in Daedalus?
Please consider some intro/tutorial videos to help newbies:
- Install Daedalus
- How to stake
- How to get ADA out of staking pool etc.
- How to avoid common mistakes etc.
Ivonne from Sydney