Daedalus ITN not syncing and it's not going to

Fiddling around with the trusted peers is not recommended. The new Daedalus release (2.1.0) will improve your situation a lot, but since you are on a Mac there is a little problem when installing it right now and as far as I know they are working on it.

If you are trying to open it on Catalina then Safari may complain and you need to “explicit” open it by right clicking the file and select “open” from the menu. Unfortunately this throwed a second error for me, but afterwards it was possible to install Daedalus.

1 Like

Thanks AdaT. On a Mac with Catalina unfortunately.

Right clicking just brings up the same “Malicious software” warning. Closing that brings up a second warning saying Safari has no application to open the file.

Right click open depends on another setting. What you can also do is, after trying to open it, go to “Security and Privacy” under “System Preferences”-App. Click on “allow apps downloaded from IOHK” or whatever it says. This should do the trick.

1 Like

Thanks AdaT. Will try.

It seems there is no option in Catalina to allow specific developers through the Sys PPref / S&P. Used to beable to allow specific downloads right through the warning box.

Apparently Mac tightened their gatekeeper program. There is a workaround but it involves disabling security settings etc which doesn’t seem worth the risk.

Will wait for next update.

Waiting for the next update is a good idea. That said I’m running Catalina myself and it works after the workaround above.

Please note that this depends on a certain setting in “Security and Privacy” and that newer MacOs came with a different default setting. The Apple support document for this whole issue here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

1 Like

Thanks AdaT. I had found that same article previously - and another with a more involved workaround - but I never get that “OPEN ANYWAY” option at the end of the article which I am familiar with from past uses. Catalina / Safari simply refuses to open it.

Digging into the gatekeeper settings is more than I want to do.

Sure, I understand completely.

I downloaded and installed the latest update. As is noted above by @ocnjcarp this is not a properly prepared Mac application for distribution. It needs to be certified AND notarized. That said it’s got my attention as not right from the start. Working around that problem I installed the software and it does not connect to the network. This is a step backward from the previous version. Going on the assumption that this alpha quality software does work in the lab I will work on this more as I have time.

The problem with the macOS notarization was unfortunate - to be fair Apple enforces this new stricter notarization from February 3, 2020, and the wallet team ran into this.

As far as I know, there will be an update soon with correct notarization. That the software does not connect may be a side effect on this if the mac firewall is set in a way that it does not allow unsigned apps to connect to the internet. (but this is only my assumption)

I see that every time I run it, but I’ve learned just to let it sit in the background and after a while it usually gets through, even though it seemed to be doing nothing.

1 Like

Seems like I’ve got the problem too T_T still holding my ADAs in the light wallet.

As long as you give the app permission to run it will do so as any normal application. I have my firewall turned off.

The new version does work correctly now as far as connecting to the network and syncing. It’s 100% synced.

Now I have another problem in that I have no wallets. I’ll start a new thread on this topic.

I spoke too soon. It’s back to not connecting to the network.

Meanwhile, the issue I ran into when it did connect for the one time was that I could not restore my wallet because “it already exists”. Which it doesn’t. So I dove down another rat hole trying to resolve that issue. Found this link to delete the state directory:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cardano/comments/f42x4k/new_update_to_daedalus_itn_wallet_version_21/

There’s a number of threads on this with the new release. I’m not the only one.

I deleted the state directory and it’s still not connecting to the network. Perhaps it’s rebuilding so I’m going to let it run.

Too many hours going into this on my end.

Happy to report all is well at this point. I followed the instructions, link posted above, to delete the state directory. It took a couple of hours run time to connect to network and come back online. Once that was done I was able to restore my wallet.

This was a lot of work to get here with false solutions along the way. I understand we are on the frontier of a technology of historic influence and issues will arise. That is the fun part. However, a better job could be done to keep it clear and focused. Going to reddit, the official pages, this forum, release notes, etc is too much to solve a problem like I just had.

1 Like

Problem should be fixed with 2.3.1 from today.

1 Like

Just installed the new version. Perfect! Good work. In software I’m always willing to wait for a good job than deal with the issues of a rush job.

2 Likes

Hello. apperantly deadalus is not syncing. Version 0.15.1 - 3.1.0.8695. What am I supposed to do?
Would be great if anyone would help me.
Thanks in advance

Sorry but posting this here risks confusion, this topic is about the testnet version. You should start a new topic for your problem and give us as much information as you can, what exactly are you seeing, mac/windows, etc.

1 Like