Daedalus Mainnet version 5.2.0 will not completely synch with the Nework

My Daedalus Wallet will no longer Synch on my iMac or my Windows Laptop. It gets stuck on “Replaying ledger from on-disk blockchain”. The sync will begin and then it loses connection to the network when it reaches from 38% to 79% completed. This is very frustrating and I have done all of the following:

• Deleted all of the folders within the “Daedalus State Directory”.
  • Deleted the Daedalus Mainnet Folder.
  • Uninstalled the Daedalus Wallet software
  • Re-started the system
  • Re-installed the appropriate version 5.2 from https://daedaluswallet.io
  • Recovered my Wallet using my 24 Word Passphrase
  • Launched Daedalus Wallet to begin re-synch.

Is there anything anyone advise me of in order to be able to get my Wallet to completely load. It don’t have an issue with my home internet connection or accessing anything as my upload and download speeds are fine.

Also, I just ran through all of these steps again and started the re-sync. The system got all the way up through Epoch:265 and then it lost connection to the Network. It just reconnected, 10 minutes later and started resynchronizing at Epoch: 220.

I’m concerned that I will not be able to access the Cardano I have staked because of these faults.

Please advise.

Does it say that it looses connection or is it just stalled? It can take days for Daedalus to sync and the progress will therefore be very slow, so slow that the percentage does not move, in the later more densely used stages of the blockchain.

If you don’t have a specific reason to use Daedalus, just use one of the light wallets: https://developers.cardano.org/showcase/?tags=wallet

You do not have to move anything. You can just import/restore with your Daedalus seed phrase in Eternl, Typhon, or Yoroi. (Some of the others will be more complicated, since they use single-address mode and won’t see all of your funds.)

The staking is also not in Daedalus, but on the blockchain and can be managed by any of them.

Sean,

Thank you for the suggestion. Since I’ve been with Cardano I’ve only used the Daedalus Wallet. I was able to connect via the Cardano Typhoon Lite Wallet.

Much Appreciated

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue as Sunshine8855. Plus, I naively sent a bunch of Cardano to it without knowing about all this “syncing” BS. It’s my own fault. But my “replaying ledger from on-disc blockchain” is stuck at zero for hours now and this is after 2 days of syncing to 83%. I’m very upset with this system being sooooooo cumbersome.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exact same issue has been frustrating me as well for past couple days. The progress gets stuck at 48% or 58%. I’m using Windows 10. Has there been any resolution to this issue? Thanks.

It is now 3 days this daedalus is syncing blocks. It is now stuck at 84%. What must I do now?

1 Like

Wait. Or as said before use a light wallet instead of Daedalus.

1 Like

I’ve used the Typhoon Light Wallet for the past half-year and don’t even try to access through Daedelus any longer because it doesn’t fully load for me. At least you’ll have all of the same functionality as with the Daedelus Wallet and can see the Epochs, your balance, etc.

1 Like

Check to make sure your disk is not full. Daedalus is a full node, so it stores the full blockchain which takes up rather a lot of disk space.

It’s at 93% and hopefully within 24hrs it will be fully synced

Endless Cardano Wallet Problems

1. Daedalus Wallet synced 100% blocks but it is taking days to sync the wallet transactions. What the hell is this? It is running on one of the most expensive machines: Big RAM, TB( SSD HDD), Bandwidth fast(Fibre).

2. I have created a Typhon wallet. But my biggest stress is there is no Address Section on the left side menu. Why? The demo videos I am watching(connecting with hardware wallets) are having that Address Section. Without this section on browser wallets then a user can not receive ADA using different addresses for security reasons. There is no Receive tab.

Typhon Wallet help section and the FAQ is not useful, check it.

1. On another machine Yoroi displayed a message that Fund11 voting is over and the voting pin generated there had zero voting power but had 3000 ADA staked there before the fund 10 voting snap short.

2. Eternl, Game Changer and Nami do not have Yoroi’s simplicity

3. Lace is too new to be trusted. It has not proved itself yet. It has no Catalyst Voting.

4. Ledger Nano S hardware wallet has firmware not upgradable. I cannot believe this.

5. SURPRISINGLY Trezor One has no Cardano(ADA) coin meaning those that bought it for ADA have to now buy the Trezor T.

If you have answers then please help, especially numbers 2 and 7.

As said, it’s not really a good choice for average users anymore. If it is fully synced, subsequent starts should just be minutes. Except if you only start occasionally. After a few weeks of not starting it, catching up can take hours again. Also, doesn’t necessarily depend on how powerful your machine is and not even necessarily on the bandwidth on the last mile to your home.

??? I’ve never seen an address section on the left. How old are theses videos?

The receive address is here:

I don’'t really understand what the problem is. Fund11 voting is not over. Fund10 was over late last summer. Maybe, they didn’t update the texts?

Are you saying that it now displays something strange or that when you tried it for Fund10, it didn’t work and you couldn’t vote?

Your decision. I would really prefer Eternl or Typhon over all others.

And Nami is really much simpler than Yoroi – arguably a disadvantage – but sure it also has no Catalyst registration. And it won’t work just importing your Daedalus seed phrase because funds would first have to be moved to the first address.

No Catalyst voting is a real disadvantage, yes. I won’t necessarily agree with “too new to be trusted”. Especially if you rule out all others for one or the other reason.

That would be more a case for Ledger’s support and has little to do with Cardano at all.

For what it’s worth: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002731113-Update-Ledger-Nano-S-firmware?docs=true says that Firmwares 1.1 and 1.2 cannot be upgraded through Ledger Live and you should contact their support.

https://trezor.io/coins says:

It was never the case and never promised that the Trezor One has Cardano.

Thanks for your replies. They are very helpful.