Daedalus not syncing

Yep, really easy. Got to the Cardano website, got to the wallet. You will see that is states (NEW). Hit download and open when finished. it will integrate with the old wallet. Just did it. took about two minutes and now fully synced.

1 Like

Same here.
“Having trouble syncing?”
Stucked on 99.30%

updating Daedalus from the website fixed it for me.

2 Likes

PROBLEM: Corrupt copy of Cardano blockchain

What is said here is that probably one of the files where the Cardano Blockchain is stored localy in your PC got corrupted so the Daedalus syncing process stops. You need to delete the blockchain from your system and attempt to download it again.

SOLUTION: Delete and restore blockchain data

This solution is explained here: https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009484874

Windows

1. Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running
  2. Type %appdata% on the explorer’s search bar, or alternatively go to:
  3. C:\Users[your user name]\AppData*
  4. Locate the Roaming folder and open it, find the Daedalus folder and open it.
  5. Locate the DB-1.0 folder and delete it. Note that this folder contains over 1.5 million files so this delete operation could take hours.
  6. Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
  7. Locate the Wallet-1.0 folder and delete it.
  8. Reboot your machine
  9. Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync. Note this will take several hours since the blockchain is large (over 15 Gb as of October 2018).

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

This solution worked fine for me. I think this is irrelevant but the actual name of the folder “Wallet-1.0” was “Wallet-1.0-acid” and there was already another folder named “Wallet-1.0-backup-2018-12…”.

Instead of deleting these folders, I ended up just renaming them (“DB-1.0” and “Wallet-1.0”)so I kept them as backup for an extra peace of mind.

I also added the exception to my antivirus so it doesn’t scan the Daedalus folder and made sure that the folder is not considered for Indexing either. I think this helps with the speed at witch the Blockchain is downloaded and then restored locally.

It took some time but I left the PC working on it overnight and in the morning I started to restore my wallets. It is a straight forward process once you figure out what you are doing, but only one step can be done at a time.

If you are in a hurry to get your funds, I think one can use Yoroi to access the funds rather instantly. I haven’t done it so I am not sure, but I read somewhere else that this was possible too.

I hope this is useful to someone who was as lost as I, good luck.

1 Like

I’m getting same error, What did you do to solve this error.

You need to update to the latest software.

But after updating cardano-sl i need to restore wallet which needs 12 word phrase and i have lost it. Or how can i update my cardano-node without losing existing wallet data. Can you please tell me the process or any link.

All I know is that updating Daedalus does not involve restoration, neither spending password nor seed phrase is required. I guess this is the same but I don’t know for sure. There are knowledgable people in the TG group who I’m sure could help you. https://t.me/CardanoCommunityTechSupport

2 Likes

I saw that some of the recent work at IOHK was to hook a Daedalus sync and balance check into the end-to-end tests. Fantastic. Does anybody know if they will the results runs of those e2e tests available publicly? Will they be linked out on the IOHK Hydra or BuildKite? If the e2e’s are failing I would think that would inform developers and spur hotfixes available in nightlies and such as well.

I’ve known this team would excel when it comes to this sort of thing. Many of them are involved with nixos and if you haven’t seen what referential transparency can do for e2e testing you are in for a treat.

Try this on for size :slight_smile:https://nixos.org/~eelco/talks/issre-nov-2010.pdf

Sweet.

Hi everyone. I’ll try to help as many of you as I can. See this thread:

I just let it roll for an hour and when I came back it was ok!

give it time before deleting reinstalling etc.