Yep, really easy. Got to the Cardano website, got to the wallet. You will see that is states (NEW). Hit download and open when finished. it will integrate with the old wallet. Just did it. took about two minutes and now fully synced.
“Having trouble syncing?”
Stucked on 99.30%
updating Daedalus from the website fixed it for me.
PROBLEM: Corrupt copy of Cardano blockchain
What is said here is that probably one of the files where the Cardano Blockchain is stored localy in your PC got corrupted so the Daedalus syncing process stops. You need to delete the blockchain from your system and attempt to download it again.
SOLUTION: Delete and restore blockchain data
This solution is explained here: https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009484874
- Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running
- Type %appdata% on the explorer’s search bar, or alternatively go to:
- C:\Users[your user name]\AppData*
- Locate the Roaming folder and open it, find the Daedalus folder and open it.
- Locate the DB-1.0 folder and delete it. Note that this folder contains over 1.5 million files so this delete operation could take hours.
- Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
- Locate the Wallet-1.0 folder and delete it.
- Reboot your machine
- Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync. Note this will take several hours since the blockchain is large (over 15 Gb as of October 2018).
This solution worked fine for me. I think this is irrelevant but the actual name of the folder “Wallet-1.0” was “Wallet-1.0-acid” and there was already another folder named “Wallet-1.0-backup-2018-12…”.
Instead of deleting these folders, I ended up just renaming them (“DB-1.0” and “Wallet-1.0”)so I kept them as backup for an extra peace of mind.
I also added the exception to my antivirus so it doesn’t scan the Daedalus folder and made sure that the folder is not considered for Indexing either. I think this helps with the speed at witch the Blockchain is downloaded and then restored locally.
It took some time but I left the PC working on it overnight and in the morning I started to restore my wallets. It is a straight forward process once you figure out what you are doing, but only one step can be done at a time.
If you are in a hurry to get your funds, I think one can use Yoroi to access the funds rather instantly. I haven’t done it so I am not sure, but I read somewhere else that this was possible too.
I hope this is useful to someone who was as lost as I, good luck.