Daedalus restore wallet

I restored my daedalus wallet on my new computer but while sycing the blockchain my system crashed. After the crash my cardano wallet was gone out of daedalus and when i tried to restore it again it gives the message ‘an error occured’… Anyone who can help me with this?

Hello

Did u downloaded the last version?
Do u have the security phrase? If yes you should delete daedalus folder and download the last version again…

Before try to restart your laptop, maybe some processes were blocked

Another alternative for daedalus is yoroi wallet (laptop and mobile version). Yoroi it is a light wallet and sync faster.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply! Can i use yoroi on the new system while i’m running my wallet and staking in daedalus on my old machine?

I’ve restarted my mac and also deleted daedalus and reinstalled it again although the chain was almost instantly completely synced after the reinstall so i doubt if i deleted it the right way…:frowning: :grimacing:

Grtz, Alex

Yes u can;
And remember if you are looking for a pool to delegate

Cheers

I’ll defenitely will check you out! Many thanks for your support! I’ll go yoroi on this machine. Does my current delegation in daedalus stay the way it is when i migrate this machine to yoroi?

btw your link is overloaded! I think they’re watching!!..: :yum:

1 Like

Delete the chain folder and the wallets folder

Windows

1. Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running
  2. Open the state directory
  3. Delete all files contained within folder chain
  4. Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
  5. Locate the wallets folder and delete it.
  6. Reboot your machine
  7. Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync.
  8. Restore your wallets

macOS

1. Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running.
  2. Make sure that Reopen windows when logging back in is NOT selected.Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_8.26.43_AM.png
  3. Open the state directory
  4. Delete all files contained within folder chain.
  5. Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
  6. Locate the wallets folder and delete it.
  7. Reboot your machine
  8. Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync.
  9. Restore your wallets

Linux

1. Open the state directory
  2. Delete all files contained within folder chain (Note on older versions of Daedalus this folder contains over 1.5 million files so this delete operation could take hours)
  3. Once the folder is deleted, empty the trash.
  4. Locate the wallets folder and delete it.
  5. Reboot your machine
  6. Start Daedalus and allow it to Sync.
  7. Restore your wallets

Yes, ADA should be already delegated in yoroi but it’s better to check

I can’t seem to connect to my wallet anymore. I’ve tried the above solution but still not able to connect. Once I enter my recovery phrase and new password, all I get is “An error occurred.” no other response. I can’t continue from this.

Then u should try yoroi… much faster (light wallet)

U can restore the daedalus wallet in yoroi till u will fix the daedalus… btw did u installed the last version of daedalus?