Daedalus wallet dont start (only new versions)

Hello

I have the problem that my Daedalus wallet dont start more with the new versions (Win64bit).

When i install the old version Daedalus 0.11.0 with Cardano 1.3.0 (Date 09.08.18) everything works fine.

With the version Daedalus 0.11.1 with Cardano 1.3.1 (Date 17.10.18) & Daedalus 0.11.2 with Cardano 1.3.2 (Date 27.11.18) nothing happens when i start the program (try admin to).

Try everything to fix it.
Daedalus-reinstallation-quick-method (https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010106234-Daedalus-reinstallation-quick-method), Cleaner, install on a other Harddrivefolder (D: not C:).

Please help me :slight_smile:

Thank you!

For me most times Daedalus fails to start, the command prompt window appears briefly but then nothing. However, if I try again, it nearly always works. I think maybe once or at most twice I had to start it three times, but it always works eventually. I reported the issue here, there’s a thread on it, but can’t put in an official support request because when it fails to start it makes no log entries. Anyway, you should try again! (If you haven’t already.)

1 Like

i think you will still have the blockchain in your c:/user/username/appdata/roaming/daedalus folder, to completely remove the wallet you need to uninstall and then delete that folder - just make sure you have your secret phrase cause you will need to recover your wallet on re-installation

also if you don’t have enough room on c: you can relocate the roaming folder to somewhere else, best to do this prior to re-installation, create a new daedalus directory in roaming and then link it somewhere else

mklink daedalus /d d:\somewhere