12.04.2022 My experience on debian 4.19.0-20-amd64 (buster):
Daedalus wallet does not work after a longer offline period. Node is crashing all the time.
So i updated the old 4.7.x-mainnet wallet to daedalus-4.9.0-mainnet. The problem does not change. It crashed again. Delete all daedalus content, stored blockchain and userdata too. Reinstall according to instructions. Wallet is crashing, again.
Results after a longer research on this:
- Daedalus is not working with VPN (nordvpn), even not with disabled firewall and security stuff on vpn side
- manually changed /etc/hosts file was a problem too.
- if you can read “node crashed” in the wallet, no further fixing will work, until you reboot your pc (i killed all daedalus processes, not working, reboot!)
- accepting low system requirements <10GB RAM in daedalus wallet, the button “Enable and quit” will crash your wallet for the next start. Reboot after enable this!
- maximum ram to sync ADA blockchain on linux was 2,2GB on my machine. You dont need 10GB for the first steps. Higher CPU-load 38% on 8 threads…
- install ./daedalus4.9x wallet only with user rights
- if the wallet is working and starting for the first time, you dont need to download the complete blockchain the same day, ensure to quit the wallet correctly, then its no problem.
To uninstall a broken wallet, follow https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013170694-Uninstall-Daedalus-and-remove-wallet-s-data
Maybe i could help someone