Difficulties buying ADA through Coinmama

Very new to crypto, trying to figure as much out on my own as I can but have hit a roadblock.

I recently created a Binance account but the verification process is taking a lifetime, so I decided to give Coinmama a try. Unfortunately it seems they aren’t set up to accept Shelley addresses yet. Thus far I’ve tried to buy with Daedalus, Yoroi, and Exodus with no luck.

Is there a way to create a Byron era wallet in any of these programs and then transfer the ADA to Shelley era (preferably Daedalus or Yoroi)? Should I not bother and try another company? I’ve already set up two accounts and am not fond of throwing my information out all over the place.

Thanks for taking the time to read and for any advice.

Hello,

Welcome to Cardano world!

First, we are not in byron era anymore and u can’t make a byron wallet anymore. Shelley was release last year on 29 Jul;

My recomendation is to create an account on another exchange which support ADA (Shelley) (u can try cex.io) then convert ur ADA from coinmama in another coin (for example xrp or xlm) and send to new exchange… where u will convert ur funds back in ADA and from there withdraw ADA to yoroi or daedalus;

Or u can contact coinmama support and ask them if they have an ETA for shelley support!

First time always try to transffer a small acount, just in case…

Cheers,

1 Like

I had a feeling I wouldn’t be able to make a Byron wallet, but figured I’d ask anyway.

Guess I’ll give cex a go. Hopefully things will go smoother.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!

1 Like

I’m waiting for ur feedback to let us know if it worked.

1 Like

It looks like Cex will require me to purchase btc or eth and then use that elsewhere to purchase ADA so I’m going to give Bittrex a go first as they sell it directly. Went to deposit and my bank declined it, probably because it’s an after hours, out of country transaction. I just can’t win! :confounded:

Going to call my bank in the morning and hopefully FINALLY get somewhere. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Try that workaround which I sent you earlier… but with only 2-3 ADA

1 Like

I currently have no ADA so unfortunately the workaround isn’t feasible, sorry for the confusion. Coinmama only sells straight to wallets, they don’t actually hold any currency so I wasn’t able to even get that far.

Going to get this working one way or another, I’ve put in too much effort at this point. Buying on Bittrex and transferring to one of my wallets is looking like my best bet, unless Binance finally verifies my account by the morning (which i doubt).

1 Like

I used to buy some on CoinMama and yes they transfer directly to address but that was in Byron era. Have some patience smtimes you have dayz when you’re just stuck :grinning: It was weekend you’ll get verified on Binance probably,as for bittrex I like them, dunno which card u using some mastercard debit cards didn’t worked fine for me, send couple of emails it will get solved

2 Likes

Success! Got in touch with my bank and they were able to work some magic with my card so I could purchase through Bittrex. Withdrew into my Daedalus wallet and am now the proud owner of some ADA. Thanks to both of you for the help! :+1:

1 Like

Great, I am waiting for u to delegate :slight_smile: few minutes till next epoch.

Happy delegation!

2 Likes