Ethos wallet unable to send ADA

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me why I can’t send my ADA coins from ETHOS wallet to for example Yoroi wallet or Binance exchange? I’m unable to send my coins after trying sending a couple of times to my address in Binance and Yoroi. Is Ethos still integrating with shelly network and that’s why I can’t send my coins to new wallet or exchange? It’s taking forever to finally send my ADA to new wallet for staking. Please let me know if somebody is having the same problems.

Regards,

Ronald

There is a previous thread on this … to restore cardano funds… 29 days ago it was started, in the same boat … following this and the other thread some reason it will not allow me to post the link

i am in the same boat, i tried to enter my seed into an other wallet and my ledger but all i get is an empty wallet, i contacted ledger and they told me that the derivation path in ethos is probably different, that’s why i get an empty wallet when i use my seed, i also contacted ethos and they told me that it’s a known issue and they are working on it, the problem is, they haven’t updated the wallet for months, so i have no ideas if they are really working on that issue or not.

It looks like the only way to get the funds is either reach out to the Ethos wallet and check if they have updated their codebase for Shelley or find a wallet that is compatible to how they handle they seed words.

@Ronald_Van_Pelt, @dman71, @jonathan197 Do you happen to use what Ethos calls a SmartKey? Then chances are that you are able to restore that wallet in Daedalus or Yoroi.

It is safe and easy to try since you do not have to touch the Ethos wallet. Go to cardano.org --> individuals --> wallets and install either Daedalus or Yoroi.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I have a smartkey and i will use this smartkey in Yoroi. I hope this will work.

1 Like

Can you please share the result here? - thank you much.

1 Like

Yes, i will try tonight and let you know if it is working.

1 Like

Hi all!

Any news here? I’ve tried to use my 24 words of Ethos to recover my Cardanos in Yoroi but without success. It seems valid but my balance is 0.

Thanks for your support!

Hi,

I have the same problem going on.
Please advise if ethos is going to solve this problem.

Get a little worried about it.

Regards,

Ronald van Pelt

Hi!

I’ve created a ticket in Ethos support about this issue and this is the answer:
“With the Shelley upgrade we have encountered an issue with sending ADA funds out of the Ethos wallet. We are actively working to resolve the issue and I can reach out again once it is resolved. Thanks for your patience while we do that.”

Let’s wait…

1 Like

Hi,
Any news someone?. Because this is insane, we can’t do anything our money just stucked in our Ethos wallet. @Cardano when will the problem with ethos wallet been solved? It’s already two months now and still I can’t send my cardano coins to Yoroi wallet or Binance. I know more direct friends who has the same problems back in the netherlands.

Any answer welcome, because this makes me worried a bit.

In the end, only the developers of that wallet can answer this. Like mentioned in the post right before your post: your best chance is to open a ticket, or maybe even nag them on social channels.

2 Likes

thank you for your reply. I will send a new ticket again.

I’ve opened a ticket in Ethos Support and this is the answer:
“With the Shelley upgrade we have encountered an issue with sending ADA funds out of the Ethos wallet. We are actively working to resolve the issue and I can reach out again once it is resolved. Thanks for your patience while we do that.”
So, there is no alternative for now… Just wait…

Hey Ronald… did you ever get this resolved. I’ve been out of the loop and just tried moving my ADA (without success). Just checking if you were able to successfully figure this out? Thanks in advance : )

Hey Thurmbo,

Yes i did recover my ADA finally after 3 months.

Find Below instructions.

The Ethos Universal Wallet will no longer support Cardano (ADA) transfers. Cardano funds currently stored in Ethos can remain there indefinitely, however, the app’s “send” functionality will not be restored. Instead, a utility tool has been provided to assist in moving the funds from your existing wallet to a new address.

To recover Cardano funds being held in an Ethos Universal Wallet address, the utility tool will construct a transaction for the full balance in your wallet using the private key derived from your 24 word SmartKey.

Step 1. Generate your private key. This can be generated from the BIP39 tool, and must be provided to send the transaction to the new address.

Step 2. Download the Ethos Wallet Recovery Tool and follow the attached instructions to setup on either Mac or Windows OS.

Step 3. Provide your private key and a new destination address for the funds in your current wallet to be forwarded to. The destination address must be a Shelley-era (enterprise, payments) or Byron-era address type.

Step 4. Once both the private key and destination address are verified, a transaction will be generated and submitted to the blockchain to transfer all funds to the destination address.

Your Ethos Universal Wallet private key for Cardano will never be transmitted during this operation. Additionally, private keys for other assets held in your Ethos Universal Wallet are not compromised and are completely separate from this process.

It is recommended, however, that you abandon your Cardano private key and address after the transfer is complete. We look forward to helping you transfer your ADA.

17445:795140

2 Likes

Ronald, you’re awesome for such a quick reply. Being a (very) non-technical person and anxious (with head-spinning) after reading these instructions… do you remember if it was a fairly easy process or one that could be botched fairly easily if done incorrectly?

Oh, and can you recommend a wallet that is setup for this type of transfer? The exchanges I use don’t accept ADA.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

@Ronald_Van_Pelt, how long did you have to before the transfer was complete

After Sending it was in seconds in my Yoroi wallet.
Something went wrong at your side?