HELP! Problem with restoring ERGO yoroi wallet on app from the browser extension

I recently opened up a yoroi ergo wallet on the chrome extension and have entered the same recovery phrase multiple times on the yoroi app and it is coming up with a completely different wallet. Initially i thought I had entered a wrong recovery phrase so opened up a new wallet and tried again but the same problem occurred. It worked fine with the cardano wallet but just doesnt seem to link the ERGO wallet. Any ideas? thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi!

What do you mean by having a completely different wallet? Different balance?

Hello @sam_allen and welcome to the forum.

I’m not sure if I understood this correctly, but please note:

• The slightest change in the mnemonic (secret words) will trigger the creation of a new wallet.

• The mnemonic of an ERGO wallet is not interchangeable with the mnemonic of an ADA wallet.

I am sorry this is happening.
Greetings
Nápoles.

Hi thank you for replying,

I have even tried scanning the QR code from the online ergo wallet to restore it on the app but it comes up with a message saying it ‘does not seem to have a valid public key’. This happened again when I tried with a second ERGO wallet as well. the ADA wallets are fine though.

Sorry no I mean, it is automatically creating a new wallet as it doesn’t recognise the recovery phrase on the app so it just opens up a new wallet automatically i believe. I believe its a problem with the public key as that is the message that comes up on my phone when i scan the QR code as well. The ADA wallets are fine though its just the ERGO that wont open on the app.

Do you have link to the online Ergo wallet? And what app are you using?

1 Like

@laplasz Im using the yoroi wallet app and then the yoroi chrome extension.

2 Likes

There is no such feature in Yoroi to recover/import your wallet by QR code.
Instead - are you scanning your receiving address at receiving tab?

1 Like

You can export the wallet and scan a QR code on the chrome extension for ‘read only’ on the phone app but even this does not work. I guess what im asking is it is saying it does not have a valid puiblic key so how can i sort this out?

1 Like

Ahh, ok export… thanks for the clarification. strange - so is there any fund on the new wallet what you just recovered in YOROI browser extension?

Hey there, nice to meet you all.

I have the exact same problem, i can see my wallet on google chrome extension but i can’t recover the wallet on my Yoroi app. It’s like we can just recover ADA wallet but not ERG wallet, on the mobile app. Are there any solutions?

Did you found a solution?

No I couldn’t find a solution, I’m just assuming Yoroi doesn’t support the ergo wallet on the mobile app

2 Likes

Yeah, i was talking with another ERG investor, he told me the same thing. Just keep them on desktop. Thanks a lot anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries. I don’t mind having it just on desktop but was worried about losing the account if the recovery phrase doesn’t work on the Mobile app. So hopefully it works on the desktop if ever need it lol

I had the same problem. I took a picture of the 15 word key and when I try to recreate Yoroi wallet at second computer, it created a new wallet without any balance. !!

Same problem. It’s compounded by the fact that at least on Mac, the Yoroi wallet is pretty much unusable. It managed to load on my Mac Pro 5,1 running Catalina, enough that I could create a mining wallet, and successfully loaded completely, once, enough that I could verify my mining proceeds were going into it. So I then continued to mine into that wallet, blissfully unaware of how shitty the extension is.

After that, it has ALWAYS crashed Chrome.

After pooping my pants on attempting to restore my recovery phrase to the mobile wallet and discovering this forum, I installed the chrome extension on a different Mac, and it also crashed on that new mac.

So I tried it on Firefox, where it also loaded the correct wallet, but is also appearing to crashed on load. What a garbage browser extension! Has anyone else tried this crap on a Mac?

Don’t count on it! If you have a Mac, you might be screwed. Hopefully the extension doesn’t create different wallets based on whether you are a Mac or PC user. For me anyhow, the extension crashes on two different browsers, on two different Macs, right after being installed and having the wallet restored.

Edit:
OMG it is also happening on Chrome for Windows. This POS wallet has effectively stolen over $10K of Ergo from me. Surely this can’t be only happening to me. Is anyone else finding that immediately after restoring their wallet from the recovery phrase, it tries to synchronize and then crashes the browser extension?

Hello i have the same exact problem. My pc had an issue and so had to reformat. But when I was restoring my yoroi wallet it keeps opening another empty wallet. I know its a different wallet because I compared the address from my last transfer from Binance and they are not the same. Pls help!

Maybe the total crap wallet and lack of support is why ERGO lost half its value over the last month while Ethereum kept going up.