How safe/reliable is ADAlite wallet with the trezor model T?

I realize that the ADAlite wallet is the only wallet at the moment that is compatible with the trezor
model T. Can Anyone who has used the wallet speak to how reliable, safe and secure it is to use this with the trezor? Or should we just wait for Yoroi implementation?.. thanks

It works reliably and it’s safe by design since Trezor shields your private keys from your (potentially compromised) computer. Of course, always check the data displayed on Trezor, to be sure that you are signing the right transaction.

Even if the AdaLite site went down, you will be able to access your funds by future cardano wallets supporting Trezor and using the same address space, which is very likely, since AdaLite uses addresses from index 0 upwards, which is a standard. Yoroi is working on supporting Trezor and it will very likely use the same address space.

Disclaimer: I’m one of AdaLite’s creators

3 Likes

I was hoping to see Yoroi connected to Trezor Model T, but no announcement yet. Guess I will go ahead with ADALite to get my hand in.

1 Like

Allegedly Yoroi/Trezor model T support is happening soon… hopefully Dec…

Just saw this! Actually ended up with Yoroi and Trezor T. All good.

1 Like

I just bouhgt new Trezor model T and send some ADA to AdaLite wallet, works well . But I am scary to send the entire amount, since I am not hundred percent sure how everything works togetther.

• What if AdaLite does not exist anymore ?
  • What if my Trezor failed, and needs to be reset, or I have to setup a new trezor with my seed ?
    Where is my private key then ?
  • I noted a public key, think it came while I was creating a new wallet on the AdaLite page, what is obviously not neccessary if I use the trezor model T .
  • On the trezor suite there absolute no indication on Ada wallet, or AdaLite keys, etc. ?
    So many questions , hope to get some answers here. Thanks very much for your support,
    Peter

Hi, best decision ever (to secure the funds with trezor)

• What if AdaLite does not exist anymore ?

The funds are on blockchain, not on trezor, not on adalite, not on daedalus… but the trezor has the private keys to access them so, you can connect the trezor on adalite.io, daedalus or yoroi and u should be able to access the funds

• What if my Trezor failed, and needs to be reset, or I have to setup a new trezor with my seed ?
    Where is my private key then ?

If your device will crash u will replace it with a new one but it must be restored with the seed words feom the old trezor device…

You can test to restore few times the trezor wallet … send 10 ADA to trezor then try to restore it using the seed words

The private keys are on trezor

• I noted a public key, think it came while I was creating a new wallet on the AdaLite page, what is obviously not neccessary if I use the trezor model T .

It will ask for public key not for private one

• On the trezor suite there absolute no indication on Ada wallet, or AdaLite keys, etc. ?

Because cardano it’s not supported yet by trezor suite you will need to install cardano app
then to access the funds you will use adalite.io or yoroi or daedalus

PS: be carefull when u will create the new trezor wallet… if u use a passphrase bkped well because without the right passphrase you will not be able to access the funds (each time when u will use a wrong passphrase a new/empty wallet will be created)

So test it before to send all the funds…

• connect also on yoroi (browser extension)
  • restore the trezor using the seed words

If everything is fine after these 2 tests u can send all funds

Cheers,

1 Like

Everything done, works well, thanks for support, Peter

1 Like