How ya'll hanging in there?

Honestly making ADA (if not money) would be very very easy in this trend from the it’s inception. A down trend (especially a long and consistent one) is very simple to trade. You simply take a portion of your stake. Whatever you are confortable with. After the intial high of run shown by the size of it s dip aftterwards you watch it crest and you sell…wait for a plateau and buy back…wait for it to try and breakout sell… ect…indefinitely unitl it takes off. Given the length of this down trend youd have to be an idiot not to have made a signifigant amount of coins out of it…I am one such idiot.

I think this tactic is a little late to implement at this stage. Not that it couldn’t work, but the risk / reward ratio is skewing to more risk than reward for me. This tactic a month ago would have increased your stack significantly.

I’m still waiting to re-enter the stake I sold a month ago. I should have sold a bigger stake back then :expressionless:.

Sincerely,
Captain hindsight :joy:

2 Likes

Well yes of course. However, I saw the tactic weeks ago and didnt jump on it. And like you I always felt it was to late. The risk reward isnt bad because at the point it stops working wether that is 1 trade in or 10 you are going to loose no more the 10 percent of your trade and only that specific trade. If you have been doing for awhile you just keep going until it doesnt until it turns around. So people who are still trading are people who have been doing it for the duration of the trade. There also bots of course that have their trading metrics built in and they just continue to trade. Anyways its good to keep in mind for the next wave. Or just keep buying low and hodling. nothing wrong with that. hope you have somehting set aside of this nice low price we are coming into … Cheers :slight_smile:

Losing value every day.
Keep buying more ADA every month.
I guess I’m not very good at making money.

Besides that I’m doing just fine, going to try something really dumb this summer.
Connecting my ADA wallet with RPG game I am creating.

2 Likes

Keep on buying Ada, I am pretty confident you will make money with it in the future. As the price drops stockpile. It would not hurt my feelings the least to see the price drop to .10 USD or even less. I am confident in the future of Ada!

I am hanging and doing well…just buying and putting ADA in the wallet…I do not concern myself with being in the “red” the first couple of years…If ADA is not at least 1 dollar early 2020, then I will start getting concerned…I am in a 5 year plan

3 Likes

Good to hear! I am no trader, I trade crypto for fun and my robinhood account is ready to buy crypto when I am able, but I am not a trader, how does one stomach the losses? I watch charts daily and like to think I know what is going on but I just cannot force myself to be a trader, I only risk what I can lose, kind of like paying for a round of golf, but those that are traders - whew - how do you all do it?

1 Like

Pardon my inquisition, but what is a robin hood account?

It is a U.S Based Platform for trading stock’s that is incorporating crypto into it’s platform, very user friendly mobile app, I hope they bring crypto online to my area soon. https://www.robinhood.com/
Edit to add link.

1 Like

Keep buying and HODLing. My kids can wait a bit longer for braces.

4 Likes

I would expect during the tax season, which runs through April here in the USA, people will be buying more crypto or investing it in some way for those who are getting tax returns. I optimize my tax payments so I get back little if any. Hopefully we can get some new arrivals to the market to join the festivities.

3 Likes

Volume is way way down. bitcoin is fading…should get cheaper still

Guys, have we hit the bottom?

My kids are getting bored of eating tinned beans.

6 Likes

LOL…you are too funny !
I do not know if we hit bottom yet…I have my reservations (just a gut feeling), I think we may go thru another round of profit taking…a lot of Bitcoin was purchased around 8.5-8.7K, and I would not be surprised if I see another sell off of Bitcoin approaching 10K …I am holding off from buying more ADA for the next couple of weeks or until it goes under 0.20 cents again - whichever comes first…I see big sell orders in the book for Cardano…and not big buy orders…these are Binance screenshots:

1 Like

LOL Tell them they will be driving in your Lambo in a couple years!:sunglasses:

My model shows Cardano going up all this week. .25 USD by end of week. Not that I’m an expert. Just a guy with garbage math I am!

1 Like

Yeah… I came in at 70 cents… have lost over $3000 because of it… I’m not too enthusiastic about this cryptocoin anymore as a result. Trying to recover my losses from Bitcoin.

I’ve seen one lecture where Hoskinson claims that people who are in it for the money will be punished … or something like that… wish I had watched that before I put my money into it.

Then I read where there are like 100 anonymous whales who are able to mess with the whole thing… explains why there are several billion coins in “circulation” … not really in circulation… which props up the market cap, but really is a fictitious market cap as far as I’m concerned… it seems like these “whales” are making damned sure that the value doesn’t go up much!

They will be, thats how markets work. It is no claim, it is just reality. He is also referring to the space as a whole.

The whale stuff is just FUD. No comment needed.

Does that include the 100 or so whales? or maybe they aren’t in it for the money.

In truth though, I listened to one of Hoskinson’s lectures, and was convinced that the ideas he put forth could be used for good to change the world and thought I’d like to support this cause… if it in fact does some good then I have no trouble considering my “investment” as a donation… but if the whales end up killing this thing off and taking the money and running, I will be pissed off…

Well if Cardano succeeds in its goals, the value of the token would have to go up, even though this is not the goal of Cardano… This would be a natural result…

You dont have to consider your money as a donation, but you do have to understand that 99% of projects is crypto are absolute crap, and the rest are highly speculative with large amounts of volatility.

I dont have time to explain the whale deal, there are several threads on this forum about it, in which I have commented a lot. But to put it simple, the “whales” are completely irrelevant - not only is irrelevant but highly exaggerated how concentrated it is…

14500 people bought in at 0.0024 the genesis distribution block is already public. But they are the reason Cardano is here… They are the ones who funded the project before any of this went live.