I can’t find all my cardano coin on my wallet. Everything just disappeared

I can’t find all my cardano coin on my wallet. Everything just disappeared . And I used trezor to log in. I so confused. I don’t know what to do. It was all there yesterday. Even the address wallet address, is different from the one am see today. Any help please
The website is Adalite

1 Like

Hey @uche64

I understand that you are upset in such a situation but try to keep calm.

Do you see any outgoing transaction when you check your wallet?

You are using Trezor and which software wallet?

Cheers
Fabian

No transaction at all

Thats good.

Could you please connect your trezor via adalite.io and check if you see your funds there?

The side ware wallet is Adalite. But yesterday there was two wallet showing on my Adalite account, but now I can only see one. One of the wallet has my crypto on it, and the other is empty

ADALite has the concept of “Account”, which corresponds to the third level of a BIP32 path.

When you click on Account #1 you should see a theoretically unlimited number of accounts. Daedalus only supports the first one. Each of these accounts can be staked individually, and therefore works like a wallet in its own right, only that all of these accounts have a common root private key.

Your funds should show up in one of those accounts, does it?

Hi

On the account #1 , no fund is showing, I can’t even see the account #2 . This is scary

In that case, you might be using a different Trezor, a Trezor that has been reinitialized without you knowing, or indeed a Trezor that somebody used to steal your coin. Do you have one of the addresses that originally received your coin (even better the sake address that you used for staking)? With one of those addresses, we can see what happened on chain.

Yes when I click on the address from Binance website, from where I transferred the coin from, it toke me to a website called cardano scan and only few coin was showing on the balance. So does that me my coin is gone?

Not necessarily, but we would see all the coin movement on that address. Have you ever staked that address? It would make the process a lot easier.

I don’t know what that even mean

Don’t worry, we can continue this in private messages or here if you don’t mind revealing those details to the world. In any case, you would never tell anyone your 24-words with which you initialized your Terzor.

Next step is, that you somehow tell me the address that you used on Binance to withdraw your ADA. I can then then check the blockchain to see what happend on this address. When you click my avatar, you should see a blue “Message” button - you can use that if you prefer to continue this in private.

Hello
I think I know what happened, I used a pass phrase, but now I can’t remember it. But I can see all my coin when ever I clicked in the address I sent it to from the exchange. Will I be able to recover the coin even though I can’t remember my passphrase

Yes, in that case we can restore access. It works like this …

When you first initialize a HW wallet (e.g. Ledger, Trezor) it generates a large random number, which is then stored on the device with a guarantee that it’ll never leave the device. Than random seed is then encoded in 24 words following the BIP39 standard, which you are asked to store safely. The device then usually asks you to enter those 24-words again to make sure you have indeed saved them correctly. Now, the device generates the private key for a given currency from that random seed. Then, the device uses BIP32 to generate the public address space from that private key. The exact (elliptic curve) algorithm varies from crypto to crypto and even from wallet to wallet. That’s why the 24-words from Trezor cannot be simply entered into Daedalus, Yoroi, ADALite.

Here the standard procedure ends and additional passphrases, pins, etc. may be offered by the device. They however only secure access to the device itself and are not part of the private key that secure your coin.

Therefore, access to those 24-words matters the passphrase does not. To play it safe, you could get another Trezor and initialize it with those 24-words that you used in the first time. You can then assign a new passphrase to secure access to the new Trezor.

You could also re-initialize the Trezor that you already have with those 24-words, depending on whether the device allows you to do that without knowing the passphrase. I don’t use Trezor, so I woudn’t know about that - with Ledger it is possible.

Hi
I don’t have any 24 words. I only have my 12 word recovery seed. Which I wrote down safely when I was initialising my trezor model t

Ok, then it is those 12-words. It is whatever Trzor generated for you when you first initilized it.

Pls can you give me a step by step guide
Thanks

Sure, I found this …

The important thing is, that you use the 12-words that you already have and don’t let Trezor generate a new random seed.

This is do confusing. If i wipe out my trezor, that means all my other crypto will be gone for ever

No, all your other crypto is on the blockchain too (nothing is on the device). If you restore your Trezor with a given random seed (i.e. your 12-words) you also restore access to all the other coins.

Just to clarify, if you say you lost your “passphrase” it means you cannot get into your device for any of your coins, right?

If that process is too scary for you, you can always get another Trezor and restore that with your 12-words. The process has to work because folks also loose their HW wallets, they end up in the washing machine or become unusable in some other way. In all of those cases, access to the funds can be restored as long as you have the 12-word mnemonic that is an encoded form of the random seed that everything else is derived from.

The recovery process is documented here …

2 Likes