I'm addicted to buy more ADA when price goes lower!

@Joeschmoe

You can get back to me in the future, and I will share my results and you can share yours… and I can tell you, whether we are down or we are up, I will have outperformed you by a huge margin both ways…

The more you have traded and tried to time things, the bigger the difference will be.

If we go down = most likely I will lose less
if we go up = most likely I will make more
If we have a unlikely scenario = I will make less (but not lose more)

That is how the distribution of probabilities are… You are betting on the unlikely scenario (which most do, with negative EV, and thats why they lose over time) I bet on the likely scenarios and these are the ones with the highest risk/reward because therein lies the edge (positive EV)

The chance of you outperforming me, would be tail-end scenario, can it happen, yes, but it is statistically unlikely.

I wish you all the best, and hope you do! :wink:

I do it for a long time investment perhaps 10 year, with money that I can miss

2 Likes

Nom nom.

(images royalty free from pexels, lisence: https://www.pexels.com/photo-license/, and no the pictures does not reflect any purchase timings of me more a support of the strategy of accumulating with risk/reward as a factor)

3 Likes

I see nothing on the chart that gives an indication that it is going up soon, but yet I will buy more based on speculation based on the scope and technology of the project and the team. It is not just Cardano that is down right now but the entire market. When the market goes back, so too will Cardano.

2 Likes

I know someone who must be very happy at 0.12 right now. Looking at you @epowell

Bit of a bounce happening…if you have funds set aside for buying might be a good time to make a portional buy in

CosmosX you have a good memory > and I also remember how the crowds over here ridiculed me when I suggested that ADA would fall to below 15p. My target price in fact has been 12p… BUT I had assumed that a 12p ADA would correspond to a $2000 BTC. > and I still assume that BTC will get down to $2000 but I think this can take another 15 months to happen. I also currently feel that most likely ALTs will be falling for another 18 months or so… > so finally ADA might even collapse all the way down to 1p afterall. I was REALLY ridiculed for suggesting that - so much so that I had to retract that prediction.

Keep in mind that I am seeing ADA badmouthed and attacked bitterly all over the place and I have been very aggressive and loyal in fighting back at any attackers who don’t have intelligent reasons for their attacks. One such idiotic attacker was criticizing ADA for being too perfectionistic and exacting! Can you believe it? ADA is even being attacked because the team is TOO GOOD. Wanting to make it too perfect? This moron seems to think it would be better just to slap something together and get it to market quickly.

6 Likes

Good contribution friends. I guess we almost reached the bottom price and funds coming back to the market.

1 Like

That’s the approach I like…I had an amount of $ to gamble, and I have been buying (and will continue to buy) until ALL money I can afford to lose is in invested…then I will watch for 5 years…if the total investment hits the mark before 5 years GREAT !..if not…wait until the 5th year and then decide what to do…

1 Like

Man I tried to beat your time with my luck O the Irish buy,

my transfer was 1:38 after submit.

1 Like

The problem with ADA is Daedalus wallet. I’m glad you could transfer ADA to your wallet so quick, but for me syncing the damn blocks takes almost every time at least a couple of hours. Does anyone know if I can send ADA from the exchange to Daedalus using the address I used before, or I must wait for Daedalus’ syncing blocks and send ADA to the new address provided by Daedalus wallet? This wallet is driving me nuts!

I did a small one two weeks ago from Bittrex that was 1 minute and 43 seconds. I think it may be due to heavy trading or peak hours on the exchange its self and not the Cardano network. Pretty amazingly fast still considering the number of transactions the exchanges have to deal with.

1 Like

I’m sorry but slowly all these ‘wallet problems’ really go on my nerves…
You are downloading a part of a blockchain every time you open your wallet! Of course it takes time, even more if you have a bad internet connection! And if not, it is probably not the wallet’s fault!

Greetings.

1 Like

Well… I have the maximum internet speed for the United Kingdom, so its not a fault regarding my internet connection. Every website works fine. Daedalus wallet (desktop app) is the only problem. Daedalus wallet was syncing 76% 3 hours ago, now its reaching 83%… It is just so annoying… Patience, patience…

Well… I have the maximum internet speed for the United Kingdom, so its not a fault regarding my internet connection. Every website works fine. Daedalus wallet (desktop app) is the only problem. Daedalus wallet was syncing 76% 3 hours ago, now its reaching 83%… It is just so annoying… Patience, patience…

I don’t understand… if you keep your blocks synced daily, it should be starting at like 95% or so everytime you sync.

How often are you syncing your wallet?

1 Like

I do the syncing once in a couple of weeks :grinning: Now I understand why I have this problems. Thanks a lot CryptoGambler !

1 Like

Unfortunately i missed the train again on ADA

The world wants smart contracts too IMHO. I only invest in coins that provide smart contracts platform. The trick will be the “side chains” so that my glorious-smart-contract isn’t held up by your foobar-smart-contract.

Do not underestimate the issue. Cardano relies on the community which seems to be disappointed. It can be understood as Daedalus is a very fat client that contains a full node backend. I think it was a bad design decision for a lot of reasons as it introduces more complexity that provides more bugs and therefore disappointment from the users.

I have no technical details of Daedalus but it should be just a simple dumb wallet that only connecting to the network directly without requiring to have the whole blockchain locally.
and by the time new features can be introduced.

I do not think you were ridiculed, but that you thought that you are right without any empirical pieces of evidence.

And what makes you believe you were right? Because you knew what would happen or was it just a gut feeling? Lot of ppl can make predictions and statistically some of them will be right.
What does that mean? It’s just gambling and not probability. If it would probability, you would (I would definitely) sell as many percents of my ADA as the probability says, to buy them back at the lower price. Do not start to believe that you were right, it was just luck without any proper statistical analysis.

You did not miss anything, buy it now, if you’re not a day trader but HODLER/believer.

I seem to have an addictive urge to buy when it is going up too, thinking I will miss the chance to get this price ever again, FOMO