Dear Cardano Community,
We have recently received reports with regards to scammers who are impersonating ecosystem officials or core-members (Ambassadors). We want to stress to please do not send your ADA to any third party entities that claim to have partnerships with Cardano, officials from the entities within the Cardano Ecosystem will never ask you to send your funds (assets).
The Cardano community takes any spreading of scams and FUD as a serious violation and breach of trust toward the community, and depending on its severity, will be pursued legally.
Some things to remember and NOT TO DO, are:
- DO NOT open unofficial or fake Cardano related websites.
- DO NOT open/click/save suspicious, unofficial or unknown Cardano related applications.
- DO NOT interact with fake Cardano admins/frauds/scammers when they DM you. Report and block them instead!
- Cardano Foundation officials’ email ALWAYS end with @cardanofoundation.org
Things you SHOULD DO:
- Please REPORT any suspicious/fake Cardano websites/apps/messages and scams to: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- INFORM an official Cardano Telegram admin, in case you see something suspicious. (admins have an ‘admin’ tag behind their name: you can notify them in a DM or go to @CardanoReportToAdmin)
- Please educate and help inform your surrounding friends and family, on how to prevent loss of crypto assets.
- Please check the official IOHK Support website on how to stay safe with your (ADA) crypto assets.
- Also see the ‘‘How to stay safe?’’ forum post from the Cardano Foundation team.
Again: the official Teams will NEVER ask you for your funds, private keys or personal information, and we DON’T GIVE AWAY free money (ETH/BTC/ADA/and so on)!
The team would like to thank you for your continued support. Stay vigilant!