I updated my Daedalus Byron version wallet to the new Shelley version and a week or so later the wallet would not open—I get a long error message. I set up a Yoroi wallet as a Google extension and tried to restore my Shelley version wallet with my 24-word recovery phrase—I received a 0 balance. I installed Daedalus Flight and used my 12-word recovery phrase (Byron version) and imported my wallet to Daedalus Flight—all of my transactions and ADA are there. I am at a loss for what to do next. Should I delete the Yoroi wallet and create a new one with my 12-word phrase? Should I uninstall my old Daedalus wallet, delete all files and install the most recent version and use my 12-word recovery phrase? I am confused by all of this and I just want to have my ADA in a safe place that allows me to stake it for a long period of time. Thank you.
Hi @cryptomini ,
So to make it clear. In the past, you have Daedalus wallet (Byron era) right?
You want it to be Shelley era & you want to stake it?
First, create a new Daedalus/Yoroi wallet (Shelley era). Then transfer from your old Byron wallet to the new Shelley wallet.
See the instruction here → Cardano Shelley: How to delegate from the YOROI wallet | by cardanians.io | Medium.
Hope it helps. Then stake your Shelley wallet era to one of the stake pool.
I had a Daedalus wallet (Byron era) and updated it to Shelley then it crashed. I have a 12-word recovery phrase from Byron era and a 24-word recovery phrase for the updated Shelley era.
I created a new Yoroi wallet Shelley era with my 24-word recovery phrase and no ADA is there.
I then downloaded Flight and imported my wallet using my 12-word recovery phrase from Byron era.
Therefore, I now have a Flight wallet with all of my ADA using my Byron recovery phrase and I have a Yoroi wallet using my Shelley era 24-word recovery phrase, but it has no ADA in it.
This is why I am confused as to what to do.
Thank you for helping.
U need to move ADA from byron to shelley wallet first:
- go to byron daedalus wallet and press send tab
- go to yoroi shelley wallet to receive tab
- copy the address from yoroi receive tab
- paste the address in daedalus byron wallet to send
- send 10 ADA for test
- check if ADA were received on yoroi
- if yes, delete the yoroi wallet
- restore again the shelley walet on yoroi (using 24 seed words)
- if u see the 10 ADA inside the wallet then it means u bkped correctly the seed words and u can send all funds from daedalus byron to shelley wallet (repeat first 6 steps)
- go to delegation center and delegate your ADA for rewards
I did exactly as you suggested and everything worked perfectly!
Thank you so much for your assistance.
All the best
You are welcome,