This is sk from WAAUS pool (https://www.wastaking.xyz/). I am a software engineer who has been working in the field for as long as I can remember, 10+ years. Residing in Australia. I like building a good robust system and I recently take interest in Cardano ecosystem. I feel it has lots of potential and I am looking forward to contributing to the Cardano community. My intention to create a pool is to support decentralized crypto currency and to contribute to community.
summary about the pool:
- It’s hosted on Azure (us-east)
- 2% margin and 0 fixed cost
- Monitoring is in place , currently running it in docker with persistent storage to hdd. credit goes to lovelypool who has made his script availble.
- Clock has been synchronized with google ntp to ensure better chance to ssuccessfully submit the block.
- First block was created on February 1 2020. This has validated that the setup is complete and successful. https://shelleyexplorer.cardano.org/en/stake-pool/0f4fb3160adabebd9f17863dea664cfd3e5cb1fa07cd7cd75473a82a65b8eafb/
What is next for the pool ? to make it better and better and better … :
- Moving to Kubernetes
- Improve website - i am guilty as charged. It is not the best site at the moment. Currently just a static website hosted on azure.
- keep improving while waiting for main net!
what is next for me?
- looking at the source code
- helping others in the Cardano channel
Thank you all for reading. Please support the pool. It’s currently moving around in runway waiting for its passengers before taking off somewhere to la la land… If you want to reach out to me about anything (setting up pool, software development, fried chicken, food, food… ), feel free to drop me a line on telegram (@skokasik). Any other new pool operators who want to setup a pool, always feel free to reach out. Always glad to help out. hope everyone has a great new year!
ticker is WAAUS.
pool id: 0f4fb3160adabebd9f17863dea664cfd3e5cb1fa07cd7cd75473a82a65b8eafb